Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2006 5:34:56 PM EDT
If there is demand, a product is made to fill that demand. Simply put, let SA know that we DEMAND a 10mm XD.  All it takes is a simple email to their sales department. Heck, I'll even help you out. [email protected] Below is what I sent them. Get on the ball. With enough people pounding on their doors, we might see something

What's it going to take to release an XD in 10mm?

It's not like the mid 90s anymore when no one knew about the 10mm. The internet has given new life to the 10mm and several ammo manufacturers are offering the good stuff again, load hitting in the high 600 mid 700 ft/lbs.

If you don't think the 10mm has started a massive resurgence in popularity, then check the various gun forums. I'm sure you have "spies" checking the waters. On the boards I frequent the posts talking about the release of the XD45 (which btw, I'll be picking up), almost all of them had comments about how you are only a step away from 10mm and how great it would be if you took it.

Anyways, just thought I would give you my two cents on the issue and congratulate you on the XD45. The XD45 looks great, and can't wait to get my hands on one. Lord knows my G21 is too fat (which I have a 10mm conversion barrel for --- yep guys it's that easy. 150 bucks from KKM and my 45 shoots 10mm). Maybe with the XD45 I'll actually be able to carry conceal a high capacity 45.

Here’s hoping you’ll take that next step and make a gun for the beastly 10mm.

Cheers!

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:42:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Email sent to SA.
Keep bugging em' folks.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:06:06 PM EDT
[#2]
AS MUCH AS I LIKE THE 10MM CARTRIDGE, I DONT SEE IT GETTING PICKED UP, NOR DO I SEE IT MAKING ANY KIND OF COMEBACK.  I THINK YOUR AS LIKELY TO SEE IT COME BACK INTO POPULARITY (EVEN THOUGH IT NEVER REALLY TOOK OFF) AS THE .41 MAG.  I SENT AN EMAIL TO THEM AS WELL REQUESTING THEY HELP TO CREATE A RESURGENCE OF THE VERY OVERLOOKED AND UNDER-APPERICIATED CALIBER.

MY FIRST EXPERIENCE WITH IT WAS WITH A SPRINGFIELD ARMORY OMEGA WITH THE PORTED BARRELL AND SLIDE.  IT WAS THIS GUN THAT GOT ME INTERESTED IN FIREARMS AND SHOOTING THEM.  I APPLAUD YOUR PLIGHT.  I HOPE THEY TAKE THESE REQUESTS SERIOUS AND I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING ANOTHER 10MM COME OUT OF ILLINOIS.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top