Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2005 1:57:55 PM EDT
I picked it up yesterday, and fired it about a hundred times.  It's not a small gun, about the size of a Walther P-38, but very light and it point's and and has a trigger pull that I don't have on any other handgun.  I thought my Colt SAA .45 7.5 " was the ultimate in point shooting weapons, but the Wolverine is, (Dammit) better.  I have never fired a fixed sight pistol as accurate.  I don't want to go on and on but trust me, it's pretty amazing.  It also jams about once every twenty rounds.  Weird malfunctions, too.  The magazine has to be seated ALL the way in to the heel mounted lock.  It sometimes looks to be seated when it isn't.  I have never had a malfunction where the empty case turned completely around so the cartridge base was against the chamber and the mouth of the case was against the breech face.  It happened twice.  I'm going to keep shooting it for another couple of hundred rounds to see if the problems work out with use.  Ordinarily, this gun would be on the way back to the factory, but with that grip feel, trigger pull, and accuracy, I'm going to work with it.  Oh. Also the magazine is a bear to load, but Olympia gives you a neat key ring loading tool.  You can use an empty (or loaded if your stupid) cartridge case as a loading tool.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:12:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 12:56:48 PM EDT
[#2]
The Whitney should take muzzle accessories quite well.
The nut that holds the barrel and sleeve tube assembly in place has enough exposed threads for most attachments.

One thing to keep in mind: The muzzle nut does hold everything in place inside the polymer "frame" (Actually a shell).  Unscrew the accessory, and everything will fall out the rear.

The Olympic web site has both an online owner's manual, and a addendum to make it clear just where the muzzle washer, key, spring and plunger, and nut are positioned.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top