Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/20/2003 5:04:52 PM EDT
I have been in the market for a 1911, and I think I like this the best.  What do you fellows think?  I have wanted a stock, no bells and whistles .45 like the old days, this seems to fit the bill.  They can be had 'round here for $375, which I know is a more than fair price.  Waddaya think?
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 9:38:34 PM EDT
[#1]
If you're looking for a like the old days .45, and no bells and whistles, the Mil. Spec. model is a good run for your money.
That about sums it up, my vote would be go for it.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 3:06:50 PM EDT
[#2]
The milspec is the BEST buy on the handgun market today.  The average price out there is only 25-50 bucks more than 20 years ago.

$428 and change out the door.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 4:17:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Love mine, never a jam even after 1000 rounds.  Had it about 3 years now.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 6:41:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Mine is basically a mil-pec with a bit better sights put on. That straight blade rear sight isn't much to write home about, IMO. Not to mention gouging a chunk of skin if it catches you.

Prices seem to run around $450-475 for the mil-specs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top