Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2008 9:45:53 AM EDT
Has anyone tried these?  Read about them in handguns magazine and it's a neat idea.  I would just like some real opinions before I spend 129 dollars on them.

Hexsite Website
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 10:19:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I would not buy it.

1) "*Peep" sights/ghost ring sights (like on the AR15, etc) work because your eye is close to the rear sight and the rear sight "ghosts" out as you focus on the front sight.  With the pistol at full extension, your eye is too far away from the rear ring to "ghost" it and you end up focusing on the rear sight as opposed to the front.  When that happens, it becomes very difficult to make hits.

2) From their site: "HexSite® sight's graduated-profile will not snag clothing or holsters, nor will it hinder concealed carry." These guys have NO concept of fighting with a handgun.  "no-snag" sights "no-snag" the wrong way.  You WANT the rear sight to snag if you have to do a 1-handed slide manipulation and rack the slide off a belt, etc.  Graduated profile sights like these and Novaks look super cool and make 1-handed reloads, etc. VERY difficult.

Why would you need to do a 1-handed reload?  Well, good dudes get hurt in fights too.

I'm a XS Big Dot fanboy but Meprolights or Trijicons are fine too if you want a more traditional sight.

Take care and stay safe,
Mike

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top