Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2005 3:12:30 PM EDT
I picked up a Bersa Thunder .380 not too long ago and I really like this pistol. I paid $240 out the door including tax and background check and I think it is a great buy. I have shot over 400 rounds through it, Winchester, UMC, factory reloads, and the Starfires I carry with and have not had a single failure out of this pistol. Upside down, sideways, doesn't matter. It is a great gun in the league with the Beretta Cheetah, Sig 232, and Walther James Bond type gun (PPK?). Anyway if anybody hasn't checked it out before do so if you like the caliber. During hot weather here in Florida I either carry it or my S&W 637 +P so as far as power that is pretty comparible.  You can't beat the price, has a decocker function/manual safety, slide lock, internal keyed lock, and a lifetime warranty for the original owner. The only thing that has bugged me is attempting to clear a live round to unload it sometimes it will catch the tip of the round and hang up, but in a situation the casing will be coming out empty so that really isn't an issue. Just a review, I know some don't like the .380 caliber and I usually have a .45 in the truck at all times or on me in cold weather(clothing) but this makes a great little hot weather carry option
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 3:25:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, I've seen a Thunder, got to handle it even. To me, it seems like great competition against a Sig 230 or 232, and a walther PPK or PPK/S.

http://www.gunblast.com/images/Bersa_Thunder380/Mvc-009f.jpg
Bersa Thunder .380 Automatic

But, I spent just a little more, and went with a CZ-83... Nice pistol. I'm with you, the .380 would make a decent carry gun. I prefer my 1911. But, I would be comfortable with my CZ-83... Sure, it's a smaller round, but I have twice as many! The light recoil, and heavy sturdy steel frame makes double taps childs play.

http://www.thearmedcitizen.com/gunpages/cz83b.jpg
CZ-83  .380 Automatic

Although, I feel that a .380 or a .38 special is the absolute minimun for safe concealed carry.

Teflon Tip
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 4:01:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Here are a couple of pics of my Bersa i just took.

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:11:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Ohhh, sheeit... two tone, nice Teflon
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 2:32:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Got one too.  Great little pistol.  Mine is super reliable too.

556man
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 3:30:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Sold 10 of these babies in 2 years to cops for off duty carry.  They love them.  Accurate and cost efficient.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 8:43:17 AM EDT
[#6]
I like mine. Accurate and well built for a $200 pistol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top