Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/22/2003 3:37:31 PM EDT
What is the proper wording for a revolver with a lip machined into the aft end of the cylinder placing the casing completely into the cylinder? If you look in from the side there is no brass visible. I've seen it on a few S&W's and want to find one for myself.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 4:02:59 PM EDT
Most often called a "recessed cylinder". Some of the older S&Ws had them, I just got a S&W Model 19 .357 w/2.5" bbl, original blue cardboard box, unfired. It has the recessed cylinder, pinned bbl and that great old glassy blue finish that Smiths had in the good old days. Sweet...maybe someday they will make 'em like that again.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 5:09:14 PM EDT
Thanks AR. Sounds like you had a lucky find. I know mine's out there somewhere, just gotta find it.
Top Top