Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/6/2003 9:25:13 AM EDT
Since getting spare Ten II magazines is such a pain, I decided to find out if the more common (and cheaper!!) Para-Ordinace double-stack 45 mags will work.

The answer is Yes an No. Yes, they'll work, but not without a little effort.

After comparing Mec-Gar P-14 mags to the factory Kimber mag, I bought a couple. It was obvious they were manufactured on the same production line, and the slot for the mag catch is slightly lower than the factory Kimber's location. The p-14 mags fit just fine, but would not quite lock into place. Measuring the difference I found I needed to remove ~0.055" from the upper side of the P-14 mag catch slot. They now work just fine - they feed & function as well as the factory mag.

One other note - The factory Kimber magazine would not hold the slide back after the last shot. The little step on the magazine follower is lower than on the P-14 mags, and it does not even touch the slide-lock. I swapped the followers between a P-14 mag and the factory Kimber mag, and the Kimber mag now works well with the P-14 follower. I called Kimber support, and they mailed me a replacement follower, free of charge.

Good shooting!
HB
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top