Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2005 6:15:42 PM EDT
My friend wants to learn about the AR-pistol.  He wants one because of the cool factor and some other things.
He wants to know how easy it is to shoot, reliability, accuracy, ect.
Basically tell me everything you know about the AR pistol please.

Thanks.

ps. I'd prefer if people with experience with the AR pistol posted
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:21:11 PM EDT
[#1]
What I can tell you about it is that it's definirely a range toy.  Not useful for anything else, putting a stock on it makes it an SBR and all that stuff.  The ballistics probably suck with .223 from such a short barrel.  Check out the Ammo Oracle for more on that.  In short, a range toy.  I'd call the max useful range of such a device at about 50 yards, tops.  Should be just as reliable as an M4gery.  Remember, though, that the shorter your gas system, the higher the pressure that the bolt has to work under and the more wear and tear on the weapon as it is used, that also increases the recoil, along with the lack of weight.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:44:03 PM EDT
[#2]
ask these guys, they'll be able to tell you everything you want to know and more

www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=3&f=122
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 3:01:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I would rather have a good old .45 and a few extra mags.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top