Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2006 2:27:26 PM EDT
I have been looking at these for awhile, and I really like what I see and have heard good reports about them.

Wondering if anyone on the board has one, and if so, what do you think of it?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:06:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Seach on STI. I posted nearly the same question last week, there's not many owners, but they seem to love them.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:21:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought an STI Edge in .40 last spring.  After 2 returns to fix the rear sight I was quite happy with it.  I you're not familiar with the STI's, the Edge is the polymer frame hi cap for limited class IPSC.  Although they are production not custom guns, mine was very tight both slide to frame and in barrel lock up.  Trigger was crisp at around 4 lbs.  Not as accurate as my custom George Madore1911 .45, but quite accurate non-the-less.  It will easily hold the black on a B-16 target offhand @ 25 yards.  I don't have the right panels to put it in the Ransom rest yet.  Overall, I think they split the difference in price and quality from the Kimbers and such, to the customs.  I think if you want better (IE more accurate) 1911, your next step would be a custom.  
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:29:27 PM EDT
[#3]
STI's are "The" gun in IPSC, both open and limited. I wish I could get one but I keep buying EBR's
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:08:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I am picking up an STI Ranger with Heinie sights this week, in .45 Auto. I have a Trojan 5.0 in .38 Super with Heinie night sights and ambi safety on order for the wife, should be here in March. Unfortunately, I won't be able to FF it, because I'll be in lovely South Korea.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:07:19 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a Trojan 5 and love it. It's very accurate and superbly reliable. Probably the best buy for the money at about $900 new. We have a very active USPSA club here and it's almost entirely STI's, although double-stack versions. Single Stack Class is home to a large number of Trojan .40's.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:58:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:23:28 AM EDT
[#7]
I have the Edge in .40 caliber.  Have had it for about 3 years now.  I rarely use it now but it is a nice firearm.  Slide to frame fit is tight but smooth.  I have small hands but the grip is much more comfortable than say a beretta 92.  I plan to get an edge in .45 one of these days.  You will like it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top