Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2006 6:34:11 PM EDT
Never shot a Beretta or even handled one.  Came across a Beretta Model 92-S.  All I know about it from the Web is that it's a DAO model.  This one is in excellent to like new condition.  Price is $375.00.  And it is the 2nd series, whatever that means.  Any helpful input is greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:30:15 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Never shot a Beretta or even handled one.  Came across a Beretta Model 92-S.  All I know about it from the Web is that it's a DAO model.  This one is in excellent to like new condition.  Price is $375.00.  And it is the 2nd series, whatever that means.  Any helpful input is greatly appreciated.

Sorry, don't know nothing about that one.  I love my M9 though.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:50:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I think its a typo. The 92D is the only DAO Beretta made in the 92 series.   $375 is on the higher end for a 92D.  I have seen like new models with NS go in the $300-$350 range at several local gun shops.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:54:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Its not a typo. It is a 92S

Check Centry arms they are the ones distribuiting them for details.

www.centuryarms.com

Good gun but not quite a 92f or 92fs many differences
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:46:15 AM EDT
[#4]
i'd pass on this and go for an FS model
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:06:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
i'd pass on this and go for an FS model

I did.  Ended up going with a Sig 226 w/night sights and 5 factory 15rd mags and 1 box of Federal +P+ 9mm ammo.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:28:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I like my Beretta, but I prefer my Glocks.

Max
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 12:07:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, just to answer the question, the 92S isn't DAO.  It's traditional SA/DA.  The big difference between the S and the F (SB-F) is the mag release.  The F and later have the US type mag release.  The S has the mag button located at the left side heel.  That way you push the button with the thumb of your non-firing hand, and the mag falls right into your hand.  

If you look at most Beretta mags, even the latest MDS ones, you'll see the holes for both mag catches.  Nearly all of my Beretta mags can be used in either gun.  Early Taurus guns have the same mag release.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top