Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/9/2006 6:55:52 PM EDT
I'd like to know more about spring #'s for different bullet weights and size gun (etc. gov't, commander).  I would just like to become more informed on these different applications and what not. I've never been quite taught or learned which spring # applies for which gun and or gun size.  I know that typically for a government size pistol, a 16# is standard issue(for 230gr) and that some of the custom guns use 18.5# in theirs.  Why do they(Baer, Wilson, etc) seem to use a heavier one.  Someone tell me something about this. Thanks
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:02:34 AM EDT
[#1]
There is an entire forum dedicated to this subject at the brian enos forum.  Its hard to go wrong with a good 16# spring in a 5"gun  for all around use.  Remember the recoil spring will feel different with different mainspring weights as well.   For my play gun I use a 17#main spring and a 14# recoil with shok buffs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top