Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/15/2010 12:16:28 PM EDT
Everything I know about the Broomhandle I learned from Joe Kidd.  Well, not really.  I've been reading over at 1896mauser.com and know a bit about what I've got.  But I'd bet someone here can tell me more.  This is my first foray into the world of old pistols.
Last Tuesday I swung by a pawn shop.  I was looking to pick up a G21 since I built a G20 longslide and have no frame to mount it on.  Instead I picked up the C-96 for $600 plus tax.  I should be able to find another G21 on any day, at any time, in any gun store.  So I think I can wait on that one.
It came with no accessories like clips, cleaning rod or holster.  All of the numbers match on the metal parts.  The grips must be aftermarket since I don't think they every made Red-9 Bolo grips.  It is a post-war Bolo.  The serial number is 592,xxx.  N. A. RDGFLD N.J. is stamped on the bottom of the barrel.  I've been told that this means it was imported by Navy Arms between 1921 and 1930.
It is chambered in 9mm Luger.  The bore is in good shape with very clean looking 6 groove rifling.  I am guessing it was most likely a 7.63x25 chambered weapon that was bored out to 9mm to clean up the bore but I really don't know.  The sight is calibrated to 1000 meters.

The top picture is pretty true to the color.  The bottom picture, not so much.

Link Posted: 8/15/2010 12:24:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 2:25:27 PM EDT
[#2]
It's a Chinese conversion to 9mm. I once had one & blew it up while shooting Wolf ammo.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:52:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It's a Chinese conversion to 9mm. I once had one & blew it up while shooting Wolf ammo.  

Agreed.  You bought a total piece of crap.  I will dispose of it for free, so you don't risk blowing yourself up.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:08:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I sold it long ago, minus the extractor & a couple of other parts that were missing................    
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top