Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/14/2005 9:22:00 AM EDT
I don't know much about MAC guns at all. I do know they are a poor mans UZI. I was thinking of getting a side cocker pistol that takes sten mags and has a weaver rail.....
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 10:53:23 AM EDT
They can be a fun range toy, but they really aren't good for much. I have one I haven't shot in at least 5 years...it's just one of those..."why bother?" guns, to me.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 11:05:40 AM EDT
Masterpeice Arms (MPA) makes good ones. Like LOKNLOD said, they aint good for much but playing at the range.
They bump so easy everyone always thought I had a real full auto.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:10:34 PM EDT
trigger slap on the semi version, I sold mine after bump fireing it the e clip kept breaking off every couple of mags
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 11:24:42 PM EDT
If it's subgun don't bother with a rail. The sights are crappy for a reason. You can't use them and don't need them. A buddy of mine has a Powder Springs MAC 10 subgun. It's cyclic rate is very fast. Too fast to shoot with any degree of accuracy. Even with the wire stock and a barrel extension it's tough to shoot accurately. Definetly an area weapon.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:15:55 AM EDT
The only experience I have with one is my buddies that was fitted with a "GAT" system. It was fun...for a couple of mags. I was suprised by its reliability (it digested probably 300 rounds of old Wolf that session) but being an AR shooter, once I got passed the mag dumps, it is simply just a toy.

The accuracy of the rig was lacking and I experienced serious trigger slap. I am not sure if the GAT system is to blame for that or not, but either way it detracted from the fun factor.

Just my 2 cents....
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:29:43 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Sukebe:
If it's subgun don't bother with a rail. The sights are crappy for a reason. You can't use them and don't need them. A buddy of mine has a Powder Springs MAC 10 subgun. It's cyclic rate is very fast. Too fast to shoot with any degree of accuracy. Even with the wire stock and a barrel extension it's tough to shoot accurately. Definetly an area weapon.

my buddy has a rail on his full auto version, he put a red dot on it and it works really well, and yes you can use the sights
Top Top