Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2005 10:30:34 AM EDT
Specifically the pocket 32/380 autos:

Any good?

Current market price?

Do the ones with clips on the side come that way, or do you have to install them?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:10:12 PM EDT
[#1]
great for carrying when you are not carrying.

The clip is an add on, but an inexpensive one.

They start off rough, but a fluff and buff works wonders.  go to www.ktog.org for the procedure.

Run a couple hundered rounds down the pipe and you'll be fine.

I like mine, carry it everywhere.

Some like them, some think them junk.  Everytime I go to the range I dump the mag in it as fast as I can.  Never a malfunction.  Reload it and out it back in my pocket.  

They won't drop anyone where they stand, but It will definately give someone something to think about besides fucking with you.

BTW I own the .32 and would prefer the .380, but it was not out when I got mine.

I think the going price is around $230

BTW, I would recommend this firearm to someone who knows about firearms.  Not to someone who does not.

TXL
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:12:20 PM EDT
[#2]
The little .32acp models sell like hotcakes. Most require a bit of a break-in, about 100-200 rds before they're reliable, IMO. I bought my Dad one & I will probably get one down the line sometime for myself.

They're usually priced in the low to mid $200s.

No, the side belt clip has to be added on, AFAIK.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:19:31 PM EDT
[#3]
i have a p32 that had an empty case stuck so bad that i couldn't retract the slide to clear it. i had to send it back to the factory to clear it out. it was sellor and bellot, dont know if it was junk ammo or not but i dont have much confidence in it. i must say it is one of my MOST accurate pieces though, accuracy out to 40 yards is astonishing for such a small piece. i havn't run many rounds through it since and i have since bought a kahr PM9 wich i think is a far superior piece.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 3:29:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Once they have the little clip installed it looks like a pocket knife from the outside.....but only a helluva alot better.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:48:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I have never owned a Kel-Tec but here is the web site for the clip you asked about. Clipdraw  Good luck.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:52:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Awful trigger.

I carry one, but only in high concealment situations.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:10:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have never owned a Kel-Tec but here is the web site for the clip you asked about. Clipdraw  Good luck.

Clipdraw doesn't make one for a Kel-Tec.  You can buy the clip directly from Kel-Tec.

I wouldn't buy a Kel-Tec unless I could test fire it.  I've heard about a few that worked well, but none of the ones I've ever seen would usually make it through a magazine without jamming.  I know mine hasn't, and I've fired around 700 rounds through it.  It's been back to Kel-Tec three times, and they haven't bothered to fix it yet.z
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:19:22 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Awful trigger.

I carry one, but only in high concealment situations.

+1, I got the P3AT 380, the trigger bites and the travel is way too dang long

but it's good to throw in a pack.....I think I would prefer a Makarov
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:28:08 PM EDT
[#9]
If you would go to the Kel-Tec section you'd see that if you send them your gun they fix the trigger alot better.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:50:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Summary: I have 2 p32s. Bad trigger(not too heavy but really long) but convenient size. They can be bought in the low 200 range if you don't want the chrome slide. I highly recommend the chrome if you live in a hot and/or humid climate. They can rust quickly if not oiled regularly.  Reasonably reliable for the price.  Really difficult to shoot for people with large hands. I agree with TxLewis

great for carrying when you are not carrying.

I carry the heaviest and fastest FMJ I can find in them to get as much penetration as possible. I am really just hoping the noise will scare them away.

I hardly ever carry them anymore now that I have my Kahr PM9. The Kahr costs twice as much but has a much more effective cartridge and is still small enough to fit in my pocket. If you get a keltec, I suggest the the .380 with the chrome slide for about $280-$290. A Kahr PM9 will run about $480, and the new economy version, called the CW9, runs about $400. There is also an all steel version called the MK9 that comes is an economy two-tone version for under $400 last time I checked.  Hope this is helpful.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:11:14 PM EDT
[#11]
My P32 is my always carry gun, is 100% reliable and I trust it.  It will make a good carry gun for the wife and I'll move up to the PA3T.

Here is what my thoughs are on the guns.  The trigger is long and grip short and can be a challenge to shoot accurately past 5 yards but with some practice holding the gun properly it can be done.  Go to www.ktog.org for info on the Kel-tecs including doing a Fluff and Buff to make it feed reliablly because it is rough around the edges.

Buy one and it makes a great carry gun!
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:19:31 PM EDT
[#12]
I normally carry a large gun, but on those days when my clothing would not conceal a larger pistol, I carry my p32.  I am 6' 5" and can shoot this thing remarkably well.  It is small, but seems to fit into my hand well.

I carry mine with a Desantis pocket holster and in moth clothing if it shows at all it looks like a thin wallet, PDA, or cell phone in my pocket.

I carry this when I would otherwise not carry.  You MUST be aware of the limitations of 7 rounds of .32ACP.

I bought mine used from a fellow arfcommer for $200, including 2 mags and the pocket holster.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:30:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:08:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Junk might be a little harsh

I have a P3AT that I'm happy with for it's intended
purpose . It's a small inexpensive backup or primary
gun when a larger weapon isn't practical or possible .

Or you can step up to one of the tiny 9's , like the Kahr C/K/P or
a Rohrbaugh R-9 , but they are a little larger and 2-3 times
the price .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top