Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2002 10:51:03 AM EDT
Does Taurus offer this gun in ultra lite w/ a concealed hammer?

I went to the gun store and they said no, but I could have a gunsmith file it down for me. But that might void the warranty. They also said I could ship it to taurus (my expense) and let them do it.

The reason I looked at Taurus was the price/quality, but after I spend all this cash to get a gun that should be available, I could have went ahead and got a s&w for about the same, and the s&w already has the concealed hammer.

Any suggestions?  
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 1:40:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 1:44:03 PM EDT
[#2]
The Taurus police model 85 is what you are looking for, also they have the model 850T which is similar to the smith humpback no hammer design, the T stands for titanium.
Taurus makes excellent pistols or if you are on a complete budget buy a rossi in .38 with a blue finish, some will disagree and say the rossi is junk but for $150.00 it will do all what you need the .38 to do.
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 1:50:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 1:53:38 PM EDT
[#4]
yes the charter arms bulldog was an excellent gun. Not to push the rossi but their 44 special, hammerless with a 3 inch barrel is not a bad alternative either for $200.00.
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 9:22:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I went to the taurus website, and I do see where they have the model 85 in titanum (police model) w/ the concealed hammer.

But, I would like to have it in "ulta lite" only (aluminum)as I go to the range alot, and the titanmun will tear up my hands.

Dose anyone know if they offer the "ultra light" (aluminum only) w/ a concelaed hammer?

I didnt see it on the website?

Thanks
Qwk  

Link Posted: 4/17/2002 5:22:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Ummmm.  QwkDrw, I believe the Aluminum variant is lighter than the Titanium.  Looking to pick up an 850T myself, so have been tracking them at the shows.

I have a Smith (pre stab) concealed hammer .38 in stainless and an Ultra Lite, also in .38.  The stainless one is fun to shoot.  I believe the Ultra Lite is really close to the Taurus corresponding model in weight, and I doubt you'll be shooting it much at the range.  It's really pleasant in the pocket, but a nasty little beast in the hand with ANY defense load.  Not just unpleasant, but painful!

The Titanium 850 is between the steel and the Aluminum in weight.

The Tauri are ported, the Smith's aren't, and that should make some difference, but I remain to be convinced it's fun plinker.

Anyone else have any shooting experiences to share with these?

Pat
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 5:54:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Ok.

Then I guess my question is, which Taurus should I look at?

I want something that has a concealed hammer, light enough to carry in deep pockets, and something that wont bruise my hands when I go to the range.

Also something that wont break my bank.

Any suggestions  
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 2:38:51 PM EDT
[#8]
GO BUY THIS GUN NOW

www.taurususa.com/m650.html

model 650

Don't worry about it not being a ultra lite it is not that heavy to begin with, buy it in .357 only, do not get ported.

Go buy it now
enough questions grasshopper
go to the gun store and lay your money down
buy 50 rounds .38, and 50 rounds .357
for practice and 20 rounds corbon 110 grain for self defense carry also buy 1 speed loader and 1 bianchi stripper clip.

Most important thing is

BUY IT NOW
YES
NOW
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top