Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2005 4:43:14 AM EDT
Anyone had any experience with the Taurus PT 92 or its adjusable sight clone the PT 99?

Quality?

Accuracy?

Reliability?

Ability to handle +P 9mm sub-machine gun ammo?

Overall impression of the weapon?

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:19:46 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Anyone had any experience with the Taurus PT 92 or its adjusable sight clone the PT 99?

Quality? I never had ANY problems here. Their warranty is good if anything goes wrong anyway.

Accuracy?Good, groups the same as a Beretta

Reliability? I never had a problem in 1400 rounds

Ability to handle +P 9mm sub-machine gun ammo? If done on occassion, no problem

Overall impression of the weapon? The poor mans Beretta. I like the positioning of the safety.

Thanks

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:45:54 AM EDT
[#2]

Quality?

Accuracy?

Reliability?

Ability to handle +P 9mm sub-machine gun ammo?

Overall impression of the weapon?

Thanks

I had a PT92...

Quality...very good, nice fit and finish
Accuracy...not bad
Reliability...excellent
+P sub-gun ammo...dunno, never tried it
overall impression...good enough that I'm considering buying another one, kinda miss it!
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 12:46:35 PM EDT
[#3]
they look good and well they just work.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:12:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I have  the  beretta, never  shot the  taurus.   My opinion is that the whole design sucks.  Nice  looking pistol, but  I would  rather  carry many other handguns before that particular design.

I will just sit back now and listen to everyone bitch about my opinion now.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:57:04 PM EDT
[#5]
To the best of my knowledge the only difference between the two is the 99 has adjustable sights... maybe I am wrong but I have owned both and that was the only difference I saw.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top