Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2005 3:50:33 AM EDT
Anyone have one?

I'm looking at a .45, two tone for $300. Like the feel of it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:06:15 AM EDT
[#1]
If it is the PT145 STAY AWAY!!!!!!!

I had mine back at the factory 3 times when I owned it.

The first time because the mag release broke and the mag wouldnt stay in the gun.

The Second time because the damn thing almost blew up on me. The frame in cracked in the rear, the trigger somehow broke and and would no longer fire (which is a good thing or else it might have gone kaboom in my hand)

The third time was because they didnt fix the frame right the first time I sent it in for it.

Other things the POS would do the recoil spring would pop through the front of the slide some how and jam all up. Then it was a freakin mess to fix.

All of this was with factory Winchester White Box or CCI Blazer ammo. Never shot any reloads in it.

My.02
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 2:45:20 PM EDT
[#2]

I have the 9mm version , with titanium slide.

It's very light and ergonomic , just point and pull like a revolver.
I only shoot a box of ammo every couple monthes to stay familiar with it.

I would not expect to fire  5 thousand rounds through it in my lifetime of course.
I have other full size all metal pistols for heavy practice or SHTF use
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 12:44:11 AM EDT
[#3]
If it's the "Pro", then I highly recommend it. They redesigned the line and the Pro models are very nice. I have the PT-111 Pro in 9mm, and I've shot the 145.

Mine is flawless with about 500 through it, and my buddy's 145 has been a superb runner too. Very accurate for what it is, and the ergos and capacity alone make it a very good carry piece.

Taurus has a lifetime warranty, which is great too and their CS has been top notch for me in the past.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 12:46:57 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Anyone have one?

I'm looking at a .45, two tone for $300. Like the feel of it.

The trigger is horrendous... I advise looking at something else.

ETA: This is in regard to the PT-145
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 1:28:02 AM EDT
[#5]
I've got the PT145 Millenium Pro. I like it. My other .45 is a stock Springfield GI. The Taurus is handier, the sights are better, and the DA trigger actually makes it easy to shoot accurately. Also unlike most other DA handguns, the Taurus has second strike capability. If you pull on a misfire you can pull again without having the cock the striker. If you think the trigger pull is difficult, get some grippers and improve your grip strength. The pull is nothing like a DA revolver, or even like the DA pull on a SIG.

I should add, that I haven't shot it enough to test its long term durability.

GL
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:16:44 AM EDT
[#6]
All I know is every one says the pre pros are garbage but the pros are improved but what has been changed to make them better?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 12:22:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
All I know is every one says the pre pros are garbage but the pros are improved but what has been changed to make them better?

Trigger has been re-designed, the slide and slide rails too from what I understand.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:03:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a PT-111 Millennium (non-Pro) with about 500 rounds through it.  No problems with it.  Pretty accurate gun too.  Hitting the 50 yard steel plate at my range with it like every other shot.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 1:34:31 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Trigger has been re-designed, the slide and slide rails too from what I understand.

What has been done to the trigger?

What has been done to the slide rail?

Just curious.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:41:27 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a PT111. It's my "s--t" gun, cause I don't give a s--t what happens to it. I carry it when there is a good chance it'll get wet, banged up, and marked. If you don't try to "ride" the trigger and hitch it til it breaks, the trigger is fine. Pull it thru like you would a DAO revolver and it's fine. If you want to play the pull slowly til it breaks it is absolutely horrendous. Had no problems with mine so far with about 500 rounds, but I do not expect it to be a gun I will pass down to my son. Been completely reliable so far but it is a little SOB to get the BBL and kidney link lined up sometimes with the slide stop.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top