Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/31/2015 12:16:24 PM EDT
I've had a Taurus PT27/7 G2 for about a year.  I've put about 2000 rounds through it, and have had consistent issues with it not going back into battery.  Usually one malfunction every 20-30 shots.  After reracking the slide, it'll fire with no issues.  The gun is well greased and cleaned.  Any ideas on what could be causing the problem?
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 1:39:03 PM EDT
[#1]
The PM9 we had did the same thing, only much more often.  I ended up putting a heavier recoil spring into it and it seemed to clear that up.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 1:54:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Does it happen with multiple shooters? If not it could be a 'limp wristing' issue. If it does then a stronger recoil spring might help, but honestly if this has been happening for that long I would have phoned Taurus customer service months ago to get them to fix it. They have a good warranty in terms of duration but will often try to get you to pay for shipping.

I would sell the gun and get something else.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top