Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2006 9:06:47 AM EDT
Does anybody own one?  Or is familiar with them?  Are they worth getting?  Any problems?  How much would one around 90% condition go for?  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:32:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I used to have one.  Nice little gun, picked it up for my wife.  She has very small hands and was able to reach the trigger in single action but not in double action.  It ran 100% while I had it.  It even ran on some very light reloads that choked up a Beretta 92.  Then my wife found something that fit her better and I wound up trading it off.  Sometimes wish I still had it.  

Magazines were somewhat difficult to find.  I had my dealer order some from Taurus.  Decent accuracy, fed just fine with several types of hollow points.  I didn't care for the feel of the DA/decocker system Taurus uses but SA was reasonable and it can be carried cocked and locked.  

It's been a few years since I let it go and I haven't seen any for sale lately so I have no idea on current pricing.  See if you can find a copy of the blue book to at least give you an idea.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:55:05 PM EDT
[#2]
The PT-908 is my wifes nightstand gun. She loves it.  Always functions, never had a problem with it.  JMT is right on about the mags.  And when you do find them, they are kinda pricey.

I bought this one I think around 1991.  Paid $330.  Used one should be $200-$250 maybe.  I don't think I would give over 250 if I was in the market.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top