Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2004 6:33:48 PM EDT
Has anyone tried the Taurus 24/7 yet? How does it compare to the XD, GLOCK, or SW99?  Opinions?
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 4:06:41 AM EDT
[#1]
hmmmm... no replies. Maybe I should just stick with Glock.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 7:47:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I have no experience with the Taurus 24/7.  I do have a Taurus PT-92 though which has been flawless.  I would not trade it for a Glock.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 11:58:38 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a SW99 in .45acp that is very nice. I've never really been a huge fan of Taurus but I do know their customer service is top notch. The 24/7 grips seem kinda gimmicky to me.

My .o2
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 2:55:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I have handled a 24/7 but not shot it.  It seems like it would be a decent plinker but not sure if I would want to use it for a duty gun.  I own an XD, several Glocks and two SW99 pistols.  I like all my pistols but prefer my Glocks.  

What do you plan to use this gun for?  I know Taurus has good customer service and they have good revolvers, but I am not sure about their autos.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 3:34:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I have handled a 24/7 but not shot it.  It seems like it would be a decent plinker but not sure if I would want to use it for a duty gun.  I own an XD, several Glocks and two SW99 pistols.  I like all my pistols but prefer my Glocks.  

What do you plan to use this gun for?  I know Taurus has good customer service and they have good revolvers, but I am not sure about their autos.

I plan on using it as a "starter's gun" for my wife. I think we have pretty much decided on the Springfield. Im getting a great deal on a 5' version.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 7:47:34 PM EDT
[#6]
You will like the XD.  I have the 4" Service model and it is a great shooter.  I just went through the tough decision of getting the 5" Tactical XD or a Glock G34 Tactical.  I finally decided to go with the Glock since I had hi-caps for my G17 that I could use in the G34.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top