Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/9/2005 10:10:37 PM EDT
Does anyone know, is the difference in these two that the Bonded is designed to expand 1.5x it original size to pass threw more barriers and the HST is designed to expand 2x for more stopping power? Or is there something else? Or am I way off on this?

And what one do you think would be a better choice for a CCW?

Thanks for the help..
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:05:04 PM EDT
The diffenence is that some agencies specify a bonded jacket bullet and some go not. Why do you think winchester has a 127+P+ round and a 124+P? It's to satisfy different agencies pencil pushers. The winchester ranger for instance is not a bonded bullet but is well constructed and stays togeather through barries as well as any bonded bullet.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 11:22:48 AM EDT
Does no one realy know the diffrence in these..
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:59:27 PM EDT
alright then, bite me.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 11:02:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/13/2005 11:05:53 PM EDT by tvarden]
LOL sorry about that.. but is there no technical diffrence? the hst does not say it is bonded.. how about the the expantion difference in them. and what one would you carry? or neither go with ranger.. Club sorry if that looked bad.. But if I remeber you are a glock fan, so can't go with you 100% cause you have something loose in the head.. LOL JK (sorry had to say it HK/SIG fan)

btw thanks for your reply.

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 3:05:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/14/2005 3:07:53 PM EDT by clubsoda22]
Oh an HK/sig fan. Then i should remind you to test your ammo for reliable function in your gun. Sometimes they're a little more picky than glocks. A few hundred rounds without cleaning and zero malfunctions should do, then you can go back to whiping it down with a diaper.

The difference in expansion will be small. The overall difference in 99% of cases will be minimal. Shooting through auto galss is the one exception but i haven't seen any bonded handgun bullets perform significantly better through that particular barrier than my rangers. Winchester actually used to carry a bonded bullet in their LE line but dropped it after a year.
Top Top