Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2006 3:34:46 AM EDT
Can you not just get a tactical barrel/threaded muzzle down the line for a USP if you want one?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:03:56 AM EDT
[#1]
You can get one for about $300 or you can get aftermarket for about $240.  Since you end up with a tactical clone in the end there is no since in paying a premium for a HK barrel when the Jarvis barrel is just as good.  However, you still will not have a tactical just by putting in the barrel.  You still need the match sights and trigger and still you have a clone.  IMO just buy a Tactical so you will have the real deal.  Piecing one together is penny wise but pound foolish.  When all said and done you end up paying a lot more for your clone than you would have spent if you had just bought a real Tactical.

Tactical, NIB complete: $850-$899

USP:$700

Tac barrel: $300 (HK) or $240 (aftermarket)
Match trigger and install: $150
Match sights: $135
Tactical case: $75
Cleaning kit: $25
Total: $685 just for the add ons,  not counting the $700 for the pistol.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:07:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Eh, well I see what you are saying! However please tell me where you are finding a Tactical for that price? I can only find one approaching 1k and/or a little more.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:41:39 PM EDT
[#3]
normally I wont argue with big bore but my HK tac barrel ran me $120 unused and with no crown.
cost me $20 bucks to my a smith crown it matching my stock barrel.
I guess I got lucky then
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:05:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Bachman Pawn and Gun in Dallas TX has them for $899 NIB.  They advertise out of Gun Lists and on GunsAmerica (no web site).  Also, CDNN has them for $850 IIRC and they too are NIB, if they have any left.  You will need to download the catalog and then page through it.
I've done a lot of business with both of these companies and both are honest as the day is long.

That price for an HK barrel, crowned or not, is indeed exceptional.  Good find!  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:15:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Bachman Pawn and Gun in Dallas TX has them for $899 NIB.  They advertise out of Gun Lists and on GunsAmerica (no web site).  Also, CDNN has them for $850 IIRC and they too are NIB, if they have any left.  You will need to download the catalog and then page through it.
I've done a lot of business with both of these companies and both are honest as the day is long.

That price for an HK barrel, crowned or not, is indeed exceptional.  Good find!  

well now I can add to more shops to my list, thanks bigbore ! heybut even then the trigger wont put me over that much :)
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top