Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2005 11:27:18 PM EDT
I read somewhere that the tactical mags will only work with the tactical 45 but the mark 23 mags will work with the tactical 45 and mark 23, is this true?

I am trying to find where I read this at.....
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 4:59:47 AM EDT
[#1]
A lot of us have been doing it for years.  All USP full size mags work in all forms of the USP within caliber (not Compacts though).  The USP mags will not work in the SOCOM for two reasons.  First the base plate will not allow them to lock in, but if you change the base plate so they do lock in, the shorter feed lips of the USP mag will still cause mis-feeds in the SOCOM.  
However, the SOCOM mags normally work perfectly in any of the USP .45s, not just the Tactical.  I have been using them for years in the USP, Expert, Elite, and Tactical.  The correct USP base plate gets rid of the ugly gap the SOCOM mag baseplate leaves and that will cost you another $8 or so.  I have only heard of one person who said the SOCOM mags would not work in his Tac but he only tried one mag and I suspect strongly it would not have worked in the SOCOM either and that there was something wrong with the mag.  All mine have run flawlessly for thousands of rounds.  During the AWB SOCOM full caps were relatively easy to find used and much cheaper too, so that is what I and a lot of others used and continue to use over at HKPRO.  
One good source of used SOCOM mags is Sunset Weapons..  Call them and let them know what you will accept because they range from like new to badly rusted.  They may not be in right now because they always go to the Knob Creek Machinegun Shoot in KY this time of year.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 6:01:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I saw that CNND(sp) has nw ones for $60
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top