Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/23/2005 12:30:05 PM EDT
I'm looking into picking up a tac light, but I've heard some rumors that most lights wont fit without an adaptor on the USPc's.

Does anybody know if this is true? If so, where would I get an adaptor and how much do they cost?

also.... does a tac light effect the cycling on a USPc .40 like it does on a (dare I say) Glock?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:04:14 PM EDT
The USPs have a not-so-universal Universal Rail.

IIRC, the Insight lights attach without additional hardware.

Surefire has adapters for the rail that will allow attachment of the X200 to the USP and Compact.

Sidearmor also has an adapter rail for full sized USPs that will take the X200 and also have a holster for the light/gun combo.

Finding a holster for a USPc and Surefire will prove tough, but I got one from Blade-Tech.

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:17:27 PM EDT
Tac lights on the USP or USPC will not affect function in the least. The HK rail is proprietary so there are only a few lights that fit it. The HK UTL, Insight M2 (same light as the UTL exactly), Laser Devices BLAST and one or two other products, Surefire, and probably one or two other makers fit without adapters. GG&G and Sidearmor both make adapters for about $55 each and CDNN sells a nice little aluminum adapter for $20. I have one for my Compact and USPs to try out and while they fit the pistol very well, my M6 is way too loose on the adapter. Now, is that a problem of the adapter or the M6? Don't know yet. A light that clamps to the adapter fits fine, but since the M6 slides on with only the locking tab to hold it, for some reason it is not compatable with the CDNN adapter. My M6 fits fine on the USC's rail so it could very well be the adapter is a bit on the small side.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 12:19:38 PM EDT
thanks guys

theres a gunshow next weekend, so I'm gonna keep an eye out
Page Handguns » H&K
Top Top