Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2016 10:42:06 AM EDT
So I am looking to possibly upgrade my holster for my XDS 4.0 that I CC daily.

Right now, I appendix carry it, and I carry it in a simple Kydex holster, very similar to the Raptor. My holster is a little simpler, and does not have the "Raptor Claw" to help tuck the gun closer to the body.

I am looking for people who have used this holster, and can advise if the holster is worth the money.

Also, if you can provide feedback on the sweat-guard you have, and your thoughts, that would be great too.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 11:27:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I have been carrying a Glock 26 in a Raptor for a little over a month now. It took some getting used to, more so the position than the holster itself, as I'd never carried appendix before. I ended up taking the claw off, it made the back of the holster dig into my waist. I didn't notice any benefit in concealment

with the claw on, but I am carrying a sub-compact Glock, that doesn't have much of a grip to tuck. I now find it very comfortable and often forget its on. It conceals very well (for me). I went with the mid-length sweat guard. It will jab you when you bend over if the gun it out of the holster. You don't notice it at all when its

holstered. All in all I am very happy with it and feel its worth the money. Check out their Instagram or Facebook, dude posts alot of cool pictures.
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 7:55:47 PM EDT
[#2]

I have owned a Raptor for my Glock 19 for several months and I absolutely love it.  The claw does an amazing job of hiding the grip and I find it very comfortable for AIWB carry.

I was a 4:30 carry position guy for many years before finding the Raptor.  I had tried AIWB carry with other holsters in the past, but printing was always an issue.  I thought I'd never carry AIWB, but the Raptor changed all that for me.

I have the full sweat guard and it pokes me pretty good if I bend over with the gun unholstered.  I ordered the full guard knowing I could always shave it down smaller if I wanted.  Not sure I will shave it though as I don't feel it all when the gun is holstered.

The Raptor package arrives with two different belt clips.  The one it arrives mounted with is the wide clip.  This gives the Raptor a very slight forward cant.  I swapped it out for the skinny clip that makes it a straight-drop holster - no cant.  Personally, I prefer the straight drop.  You may prefer the other.  Fortunately, both clips are in there and you can try them both to see which you like better.

Retention is perfect.  Quality and finish are excellent.  Buy with confidence.

Link Posted: 3/29/2016 11:29:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Definitely worth the money...the claw works as advertised when carrying appendix.  It turns the grip into the body almost too good for some but you can always put the claw on the back of the holster to slightly reduce the amount of pressure that is put on the claw. You can also loosen your belt slightly and it won't turn the grip into you quite so hard.

You can remove the claw and carry strong side but I don't think you can get enough cant on it to carry behind your hip.

I like a medium sweat guard.  The full guard poked me pretty good when the gun was not in the holster...that being said, the gun will probably be in the holster the majority of time.

The last positive note is the guys at Trex are great.  I had an issue with their first effort at a USP holster.  They replaced it, no questions asked.
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 6:37:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Raptor for my SIG p320 compact and a Sidecar for my Glock 26.

I obviously carry appendix.

I prefer full sweat guards on my holsters because I live in MS. I am a fat, hairy man. I sweat year round.

The claw definitely works as advertised, at least for the appendix position. It helps with concealment so I'm in favor of it.

I have ordered and am waiting on another Sidecar holster for a Glock 19 with optic on it.

For a point of reference, I am a holster junky. I have spend more money on holsters than I care to admit. I have 4 G-Code INCOG holsters. I don't even know how many Raven Concealment Phantom holsters (I think it is close to 10). I have a Crossbred Supertuck. A Bravo Concealment DOS. And there are some others in there that I know I am missing. Point is, I've tried a lot of things and spared no expense when it comes to holsters. The T-Rex Arms holsters are my current favorite. It is clear that the guys making these use them. They have to be guys that carry every single day. And they carry appendix, which is important to me since that is where I carry.

I've shared this pic in this subforum before but will do so again.

Link Posted: 3/31/2016 3:53:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Definitely worth the money, and whatever wait time they currently have. I have 2 sidecars from them with another on the way(one light-bearing and one without), a mag carrier and a light-bearing raptor. Their products just work, the claw works perfectly for appendix carry and they are very comfortable holsters to wear. Bending and sitting are no longer a problem for me, and the belt clips are tuckable if you so choose. I also went with the full sweat guard, and it helps as a guide when holstering the gun. It will poke you if there is no gun holstered, but that's a non issue for me.

Only reason I prefer the sidecar is because I like to carry a spare mag, and I think the sidecar is more comfortable than the raptor + IWB mag carrier. Also, all of this info is for a Glock 19 btw. One "stockish" and one Agency Arms with a RMR and inforce light. Have one on the way for my Sig P320.
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 8:58:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks so much for the replies. I will order one now, just need to figure out the color lol.

I do like the concept of the side-car holster, but I think I'm going to run just the plain Raptor for now.

Currently, I carry my spare mag on my left side (weak side) just behind the hip, and it works well for me, both comfort-wise and accessibility-wise. I will play with the holster position and see if I like it up front.
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 9:20:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks so much for the replies. I will order one now, just need to figure out the color lol.

I do like the concept of the side-car holster, but I think I'm going to run just the plain Raptor for now.

Currently, I carry my spare mag on my left side (weak side) just behind the hip, and it works well for me, both comfort-wise and accessibility-wise. I will play with the holster position and see if I like it up front.
View Quote

I got the white and orange sidecar, mainly because I just liked the Star-Warsesque color scheme. But honestly it is really effective. When you look down to reholster to make sure you don't have any clothing in the way, it is quick and easy to see that you are clear thanks to that orange color. Just food for thought. My Raptor is Kryptek Raid because it makes me 65% more Operator.
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 2:23:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I went home last and put the clip back on mine after reading everyones reviews. I retract my previous statement about the claw, as it has concealed even better today with

it on, and no lock of comfort. I chock my initial impression up to having never carried appendix before, and being uncomfortable with appendix in general.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 3:49:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I got the white and orange sidecar, mainly because I just liked the Star-Warsesque color scheme. But honestly it is really effective. When you look down to reholster to make sure you don't have any clothing in the way, it is quick and easy to see that you are clear thanks to that orange color. Just food for thought. My Raptor is Kryptek Raid because it makes me 65% more Operator.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My latest sidecar is Kryptek Raid with the lime green backpiece definitely Operator
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 7:32:50 AM EDT
[#10]
I went black on black. I know, nothing too fancy, but then again, its an IWB holster. If I was buying an OWB holster, I'd make it all tactical operator looking.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 10:29:34 AM EDT
[#11]
I ordered a raptor for my G43.  Excited to get it!  Depending on quality and comfort level, I forsee ordering a sidecar setup for the G19
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 5:34:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Hey OP Great topic!  I appreciate the info here as I'm about to order a AIWB from TRex.  I just can't decide on the Raptor or Sidecar.  How is comfort driving with a Sidecar?  I'd be carrying G19 mainly.  Maybe G17.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 9:54:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Hey OP Great topic!  I appreciate the info here as I'm about to order a AIWB from TRex.  I just can't decide on the Raptor or Sidecar.  How is comfort driving with a Sidecar?  I'd be carrying G19 mainly.  Maybe G17.

Thanks!
View Quote

I tried a Sidecar and didn't care for it because it's a set piece concerning relative placement of the mag pouch and holster. I like being able to fine-tune positions.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 12:55:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I tried a Sidecar and didn't care for it because it's a set piece concerning relative placement of the mag pouch and holster. I like being able to fine-tune positions.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

I have had my sidecar for a week and am getting used to it.  It definitly doesnt give you the freedom to adjust like having a separate holster and mag carrier would.  I carried the incog aiwb before.  it it sits a little higher than my incog did and i'm not sure if the claw is for me or not.  It is very comfortable while driving as long as you dont let it sit too low.
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 8:03:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I have had my sidecar for a week and am getting used to it.  It definitly doesnt give you the freedom to adjust like having a separate holster and mag carrier would.  I carried the incog aiwb before.  it it sits a little higher than my incog did and i'm not sure if the claw is for me or not.  It is very comfortable while driving as long as you dont let it sit too low.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

I went back and forth between the incog and my sidecar for a few weeks. The more I wore the side car the more I liked it. I still think the incog is a great holster, but at this point I almost exclusively use the sidecar.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 3:52:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I went back and forth between the incog and my sidecar for a few weeks. The more I wore the side car the more I liked it. I still think the incog is a great holster, but at this point I almost exclusively use the sidecar.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

Big fan of my 2 sidecars as well, but I hated how poorly the Incog concealed for me. It was comfy to wear, but it printed a lot on my person.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top