Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2006 9:46:41 AM EDT
I am considering a switch to a R side only Wilson safety.
When I disassemble my warrior, the r and l sides never match up well again, the rod is visible and when I do get them together, it wont go up unless I force it and then the rod is visible again.    I am assuming I wont have these issues if I switch to a r side only.  Any other advantages?
Anthony
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:30:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like you may not be reassembling it correctly. Did you mean LEFT side only safety? Or are you thinking you're going to use the right side of a Wilson safety with the left side of the Kimber safety? That would be kind of wacky and wouldn't work without replacing the hammer axle pin, since the Warrior uses a special one that protrudes from the right side of the frame and is dovetailed to retain the right side of the ambi safety... which leads me back to my first statement about not reassembling it correctly. It's not like a standard ambi which just presses together and then the right side is retained by the grips. I can't really describe the reassembly process except that you have to make sure the right side of the safety rotates down so head of that hammer axle pin can enter the slot on the back of the safety.

If the middle joint has become loose you can squeeze the tongs a little before reassembling.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 2:56:19 PM EDT
[#2]
:)
Yeah I did mean L side.
I think i reassembled it the right way, it fires and cycles... just that r side safety starts to move out.
Anthony
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:55:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I figured it out... One of the body pins has a raised edge, and it must go inside the R side safety... Thanks for the help... I am still looking at a L side safety to simplify things.
Anthony
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top