Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 12/15/2005 11:03:28 AM EDT
I tried the basic polymer hand held light. It will stun someones eyes long enough to get some distance between you and an attacker. I got one for my wife and sister then. Wife just called me from the Hospital. We are in an ice storm, and the hospital is on backup power. She pulled out her Surefire and everyone wants one. Puts anything I have seen to shame. I am going to buy the bulb upgrade. It should REALLY slow an attacker down.

Best blood trail tracking light I have used in the woods also. I paid for the "BLUE BLOOD TRACKER" attachment. It was useless in early bow season. Every drop of dew looked like blood.

One more plus. Surefire runs on Lithium Camera batteries. They are $7 for 2 in walmart. Surfire sells them for $1.25 each. I use them in my dog training collars also.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:07:57 PM EDT

Originally Posted By geneinnc:
I am going to buy the bulb upgrade. It should REALLY slow an attacker down.

The thing has a one hour run time with the 65 lumen bulb, if you get the bulb upgrade then the run time is cut down drastically. I would leave the regular bulb in it because the light is going to be used for utility much more then it will ever be used for defense and in the event that you would use it to "blind an attacker" then I think the 65 lumen would suffice.

Personally I like the L.E.D. lights, but you can't beat the G2 for price.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:04:42 PM EDT
Surefire lights are very popular and widely used by many members here.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:25:24 PM EDT
i have a half dozen surefires - i have the plastic one, it was my first. then followed by 2 6Ps which are my standing favorites. I also have a E2D and a E1E. the E series lights are the ones i carry - the 6P is my house and tactical light.

wrt the bulb upgrade - if you plan on using the light indoors i would suggest rethinking upgrading the bulb. If you walk out into your hallway and throw the beam onto the wall youll notice that it will absolutely destroy your night vision - with more than 65 lumens you might be hurting yourself if the light is ever used indoors. just so you consider it

otherwise - i suggest the brand to anyone who doesnt already have one!! they are the best lights, hands down!

my .02
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:14:05 AM EDT
I'm a Surefire fan too. I have the A2 Aviator (I fly rented airplanes, some without lit panels) and a G2 Nitrolon. I am in the market for an E1e and probably will get an L4 Lumimax and some sort of combat light as well in '06. My Mini Mag Lights have been relegated to back up status and beaters.

T Bone (Detroit).
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:40:10 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:47:17 AM EDT
I am a SureFire fan also, I have a g2 for each car, an E2D for my wife and myself an e2e I carry when armed, and a 618fa forend on my 870.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:56:12 AM EDT
I carry an E2e all the time.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:37:21 PM EDT
G2 for the night stand and 6P for carry. The 6P is strong enough to be a weapon by itself!!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:47:29 PM EDT
L2 for me in my left front pocket with an E1e as a backup in my backpack and on my nightstand.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:58:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/22/2005 12:58:47 PM EDT by pyro6988]
I have carried my E2e everyday for the past year and half.

I also own:

M3 with surefire pressure switch
M3 with stirke bezel
C2
L1
L2
3 G2's
Forarm for 870

I love my surefires.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:21:33 AM EDT
New Surefire L4 came in the mail 2 days ago. It's my first Surefire. Won't be my last. Have an M3 on backorder. L4 is one awesome machine. Went outside after dark and turn it on. Was like daytime. I couldn't believe that much light could come out of something so small. Was using mimi-Mags before. No More.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:23:52 AM EDT
I carry a M2. When new batteries go into the M2, the Inova x5 gets them. Wife carries a L5.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:21:19 AM EDT
I bought a Z2 recently, having debated a weapon mounted light for a while, I decided to go with a handheld instead, rather than have to start the search for a comfortable holster that will accomodate a light, too; plus, the handheld comes in useful anyway. I am still coming to grips with the various techniques for holding the light and a pistol together... but the light itself is a fantastic tool!

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:27:10 PM EDT
My favorite is the E2e with the click tailcap. It's what I carry whenever it's dark. Light, easy to use, and bright as hell.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:08:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By tjg:
I bought a Z2 recently, having debated a weapon mounted light for a while, I decided to go with a handheld instead, rather than have to start the search for a comfortable holster that will accomodate a light, too; plus, the handheld comes in useful anyway. I am still coming to grips with the various techniques for holding the light and a pistol together... but the light itself is a fantastic tool!

I got the Z2 recently myself. I love it. I take it everywhere in my left pocket, right next to my cell phone. Will be ordering the high output lamp and the click tailcap for it. Actually, I think I'll go order those right after this post.

That's my "out of the house" light. I'm still going to look into weapon mounted lights for my house pistol and my mossberg.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:21:41 PM EDT
I dont remember which lights it fits but you can get the cap with teeth. Big Surefire fan but you cant hit someone with a G2 like you can with a 6cell D Maglight.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:53:09 PM EDT
Surefire G2 daily in my left cargo pocket. Its been great - I also have a Innova X5 I carry occasionally, but I like the Surefire so much I havent picked it up in 6 months.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 9:14:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/6/2006 3:04:26 PM EDT by BLY]
The G2 Nitrolon comes with a LOTC now, but apparently only in the Black, Tan and Yellow colors... Why not OD? I'm guessing if I were to order from the SF website that I would receive a newer version, with LOTC.

Speaking of the colors, does anyone have personal pics of their G2? The pics on the SureFire website seem misleading because of the use of the flash on their camera. I'm on the hunt in the handgun forums/picture threads, to see if I can find any. ETA: Not finding anything on the forums... But, google is my friend and the OD looks as it should in other pictures.
Top Top