Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2012 6:33:46 AM EDT
I see the threaded barrel MP9 is only 50$ more than the std, or is it a better idea to get a stdard model, and a third-party threaded barrel.

Also which suppressor is recommended?
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:14:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Factory barrels are what I always look for. I've got a factory metric threaded barrel for my M&P 9, shoots great. I've got two 9mm suppressors right now, a Gemtech Multimount and a Liberty Infiniti. Didn't think the Multimount had a first round pop until I shot the Infiniti, although the Infiniti is looonnnnggg. Through online reviews, the SilencerCo Osprey and AAC Ti-Rant get the best reviews. I'm considering a Ti-Rant 9 for my next can, not sure yet. Also, if you plan on suppressing anything larger than 9, you can always get a 45 can and shoot 40 and 9 through it with very good results. Good luck.

M&P 9 factory threaded barrel w/ Gemtech Multimount

w/ Liberty Infiniti

w/ SilencerCo Osprey 40

w/ AAC Ti-Rant 45

and length comparison(left to right Ti-Rant, Osprey, Infiniti, MM)...
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 1:40:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Ive owned Wolf barrels in the past, they make a good product but I dont think you can beat a factory barrel. I picked up the M&P9 threaded package setup last week, comes with the standard and threaded barrels. Ive also currently got a stamp pending right now for the Osprey 9, if you google M&P9 suppressed you will get a whole bunch of reviews, and pictures of different setups.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 1:55:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:33:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I use an SWR Trident with mine, no issues!
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 9:16:26 PM EDT
[#5]
My old M&P9 worked well with a Silencerco Osprey. Haven't shot my newer one with one yet.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 12:03:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I've fired my M&P9 with a factory threaded barrel with my AAC Evolution many times.  No issues.

However, I find I rarely use it.  What I do use a lot is my M&P22 and my 22 silencer.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top