Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Posted: 4/4/2006 9:00:39 AM EDT
Well i just got a Kahr PM9, and was looking at suppressors for my other .22 pistols.  I was just wondering if you could even put a suppressor on a PM9.  I have looked on the web for it but can't find any. Any help would be nice
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:44:49 PM EDT
[#1]
You'd need a threaded barrel.  While I've never seen one, I bet you could get one made from a barrel from the larger Kahrs (if they fit???).  If you could made that work, it would just be a matter of getting a regular 9mm can.  You may or may not need some sort of recoil booster for reliable cycling, but any good suppressor company has these for their 9mm cans.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:52:13 PM EDT
[#2]
You can use a K9/P9 barrel and have it threaded. The Advanced Armament Scorpion or GemTech Aurora are about the only cans that will function on the Kahr pistols.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:36:01 PM EDT
[#3]
So if i got a new 4" barrel from a P9 or the like it should work with the PM9?  So i could just change out the 3" and 4" when i wanted to use it for CCW and with the suppressor

I thought the Aurora was only Military suppressor... can i buy one?

BTW i just sent my PM9 back with peening problems.... but i get a NEW one this Thursday!

AND while i'm here... i've been using Win WB 115gr and Rem UMC hp in my gun... what would be the best for the gun. and suppressor.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:51:48 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
So if i got a new 4" barrel from a P9 or the like it should work with the PM9?  So i could just change out the 3" and 4" when i wanted to use it for CCW and with the suppressor

I thought the Aurora was only Military suppressor... can i buy one?

BTW i just sent my PM9 back with peening problems.... but i get a NEW one this Thursday!

AND while i'm here... i've been using Win WB 115gr and Rem UMC hp in my gun... what would be the best for the gun. and suppressor.

Individuals can buy the Aurora but it is a PITA using wipes. I would get the Scorpion as it doesn't require wipes and is small enough to not block the sights.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:24:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info man...  now all i have to do is find a barrel, and wait for the suppressor.  And save up the money to pay for it. LOL
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:52:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Sorry Guys.
The barrel from a P9 will not fit in a PM9. The barrel hood/locking area (the square area around the chamber)  is not the same size on each firearm. The barrel hood is longer on the P9 then on the PM9, the ejection ports are different. Also the slide stop pin hole locations in the frame are differrent.

If you can check out a P9 and PM9 side by side at a gun store you will see what I mean.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:36:19 PM EDT
[#7]
What about any of the other Kahr pistols? or is there an attachment that i could buy?

And. what type of suppressor is the Scorpion?  I found a site that said it had "advanced baffle design and artificial environment technology” but below it had its dB reduction and said (wet).  Is that WET as in i need to add water to it or as in on a humid day...
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top