Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2006 10:33:44 AM EDT
Im looking at building a Glock in .40 that is going to be suppressed. I have an extra Glock 23 sitting around that has no barrel, so I pretty much only need recommendations on which barrel and suppressor.

I have an AAC can on a walther p22, but don't have any experience with cans on bigger bore pistols.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:03:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Check over at the armory section of this site.  There is a C3 fourm I think.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:27:59 AM EDT
[#2]
The .40 would not be as easy to suppress as a .45   The .45 round is already subsonic so you already have that going for you.  But I personally just don't like the .40 cal  I think it is a waste.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:03:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Oh ok, I'll just throw all the .40s away and buy .45s
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:46:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't think that he is saying "toss the .40 guns."  Since non +p .45 is subsonic, you will derive more benefit from the supressor than you with with a ultra-sonic round.  You will get about the same performance as you would with a non-suppressed .45 as you will after you suppress it, and you will get the increased sound reduction that you would by using subsonic ammo.  

Also, I believe that .40 has it's merits, but I have stopped buying, and sold all of my .40 guns because I can't afford to stock so many types of ammo.  9mm, 5.56, and 12 gauge are the only calibers I will be buying en masse.  I keep .45 around for my house gun, but that is all I use it for.  
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:35:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd decided on an evo-9 suppressor, but didn't have a suitable 9mm for the can.  I did have a 23, though.  I ordered an extended, and threaded conversion barrel for the 23, and only had to buy Glock 19 magazines to shoot 9mm.  

Now I have a .40 Glock, and a 9mm Glock, with about 1 minute to change calibers.  With a 9mm suppressor, I can mount it on a SBR 9mm in the future.  

Lots of 9mm subsonic out there, and the general concensus is that 9 is easier to suppress than larger calibers.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top