Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/14/2005 1:34:36 PM EDT
Well I just got myself a 6" Sig Trailside as a present to myself. I earned a full scholarship for my last year of college, so figured I can spend some of the money I saved.
Anyways, I am looking for an inexpensive but decent red dot to mount on it. It has a 3/8 dovetail on the barrel so mounting should be easy. There is a large array of red dot for around $50 or so depending on sales, and I am confused. What should I be looking for and what are some models to try or to stay away from?? I will be using it for target practice, usually from 25 yds; and of course for personal defense against those dangerous muderous zombie soda cans. Thanks for any suggestions guys.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:35:45 PM EDT
Just bought a Bushnell Trophy (w/rings) on sale for $64 at a local sporting goods store, and gave it a home on a CO2 pellet rifle. Works fine, but on highest setting the dot has a fair amount of glare. There are a number of red dots at cheaperthandirt.com that you could check out, many in the $30 range, but it definitely becomes caveat emptor in this price range.

Congrats, and good luck.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:22:47 PM EDT
I picked up a BSA red dot with weaver rings from The Sportsman Guide for something like $40. I have it mounted on a .22 IZH 35m that I shoot bullseye with. It's a good sight to find out if you like red dots before you plunk down $200 or so on an Ultra Dot.
Top Top