Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/24/2013 12:08:50 PM EDT
I use a 90-two (9mm) now, and I changed from the default grips to the large ones. It fits better now, but it might still be too small.

Suggestions appreciated.

• Full Size

• Preferably 9mm

• Large Grip

• Frame-mounted Safety

• Re-moveable Sights, front and rear.

Link Posted: 10/24/2013 12:28:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, out of your criteria of large 9mm with a frame mounted safety, the best gun I can thing of would be a usp.  If you look hard enough you could probably find one for around 550 or so.  Its a lot for a used gun, but they run forever.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 12:45:54 PM EDT
[#2]
USP or M&P

If you can get over the safety thing, Gen 4 Glock 17 with the large backstrap installed.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 1:17:20 PM EDT
[#3]
There is the FNX-9, and the various HKs (USP, P30, etc.).   Also look into the SAO P226s.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 1:19:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 1:22:13 PM EDT
[#5]
HK P30S with large side panels and back strap ( comes with the gun ) fits the bill perfectly.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 2:19:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks, gentlemen.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 3:47:22 PM EDT
[#7]
HK P30LS

You can change both the backstrap and side panels on the grip to fit your hand. If you use the large pieces all the way around it gives a pretty beefy grip..
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 4:44:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
HK P30LS

You can change both the backstrap and side panels on the grip to fit your hand. If you use the large pieces all the way around it gives a pretty beefy grip..
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
HK P30LS

Quoted:
HK P30S with large side panels and back strap ( comes with the gun ) fits the bill perfectly.

That is very nice to know.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 10:22:55 PM EDT
[#9]
CZ 75/SP-01 is an option too.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:47:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
CZ 75/SP-01 is an option too.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:52:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Large grip + frame mounted safety = H&K USP or variant thereof.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 11:41:28 AM EDT
[#12]
P226, CZ75, PX4 or Glock 17 - In that order.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 1:31:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Only one of the pisols you listed has a frame mounted safety, and, while I think it is a very ergonomic pistol, it is not what I would consider large in the grip by any means.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 3:58:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Only one of the pisols you listed has a frame mounted safety, and, while I think it is a very ergonomic pistol, it is not what I would consider large in the grip by any means.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

None of them have, or are convertible to large grips either.

Reading threads before posting is for suckers.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 6:12:52 PM EDT
[#15]
I find it odd that you think the M92 has a small grip. It seems very large to me and I have big hands. It's the biggest gun I've handled. Probably the biggest grip for any gun would be a Hogue with finger grooves.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 7:09:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 8:57:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.sigsauer.com/upFiles/catalog/product/226-SAO-NITRON-Detail-Hero.jpg

Okay, how often do you see that model in stores?  Because I have never seen one of their guns with a safety, other than on their website, unless it was one of their 2000+ target models.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 12:26:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 1:13:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Okay, how often do you see that model in stores?  Because I have never seen one of their guns with a safety, other than on their website, unless it was one of their 2000+ target models.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.sigsauer.com/upFiles/catalog/product/226-SAO-NITRON-Detail-Hero.jpg

They're out there.  My local shop just got in a shipment of five, which they were asking about $1040 for.   Unfortunately most of them had to go back to SIG because the hammer would fall if the trigger was pulled while the safety was engaged.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top