Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/24/2005 8:59:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/24/2005 9:04:08 AM EDT by ChickenKiller]
I was at my store the other day and there was this guy there who looked like a 100% goober. Polo shirt buttoned to neck, crome tip roach killer boots, big belt buckle, bling bling, all that junk. Well that is ok, a lot of people look like that but this guy was making a statement.........

He had his shirt tucked in really tight and some baggy type blue jeans on. I walked by him and I noticed he had a double mag on his belt with 2 mags in it. My first thought this guy must be an officer of some type or something.......then he swung around and there was a buldge there that was oh so obvious that he was carrying 'concealed.' He wanted people to know he had on a gun, and was making it as obvious as he can.......

I have done police work since 1994 before jumping off the full time wagon in 99 to run my own business, but I still stay active as a reserve and keep my training up to steam. I believe 100% that people should be able to carry concealed, with or without a CCW License as long as they aren't former felons or such. When people tell me that they have guns in their car, I run the #'s to check for stolen, and tell them if they ever come by and see me in a shoot out to stop and help.........( I mean it) I only write 'carry' tickets if they are drunk, high, or of bad report.......You guys should agree with that.

What bugs me though is guys like this. He looks like a goober, he wears his mags out in plain open sight, and everyone knows he has a pistol and he wants people to konw. Folks need to think about what they are doing. We carry concealed to 1. Protect Me/Family 2. Protect Employees 3. Anything falling just short of the 1st two.

This goober automatically puts himself as a target in my mind by putting his stuff out on front street. If it was ok to carry open it would be different cause he could get to his gun, but from what I saw from this joker, you could kill him with a wooden spoon and 1 rubber glove with the pinky blown out before he could get that tight belt off to get to his under the pants holster..........!!

Man I may be looking at this wrong, but I have read a lot of you guy's post and just figured I'd finally throw something in the pot and see how it cooks.

Be Safe

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:37:33 AM EDT
I conceal my gun and my mags. To do otherwise would seem to me to be not actually carrying concealed at all.

Seydou
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:40:03 AM EDT
Well all I can say is it good to have him around if something goes down he can be your bullet sponge while you have time to draw and protect your intrest. With him being so open about it they will go after him first..
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:23:27 AM EDT

Originally Posted By tvarden:
Well all I can say is it good to have him around if something goes down he can be your bullet sponge while you have time to draw and protect your intrest. With him being so open about it they will go after him first..

Yes yes, bullet magnet. Other than that isn't carrying like that illegal. Concealed means concealed. Couldn't he get popped for brandishing?
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:26:51 AM EDT
Actually you couldn't see the "pistol", but he knew what he was doing. He was a Moron.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:36:27 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:30:25 PM EDT
chicken killer you got it right, hit thr goober right on the head.... he should wear a sign ,common scence need not apply...............
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:33:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By shotgun:

Originally Posted By tvarden:

Yes yes, bullet magnet. Other than that isn't carrying like that illegal. Concealed means concealed. Couldn't he get popped for brandishing?

You're from OREGON? You SHOULD know that "open carry" is 100% legal here, no permit needed! Packing.org has good info on this, BTW. Yes, the fuzz will most likely fuck with you. But it's legal. If you don't have a CHL it's the way to carry. The closest thing we have to "brandishing in Oregon is "pointing a firearm at a person in a menassing manner". I have a CHL and have never open carried, BUT I have a friend who open carries, he's gotten "ruffed up" by the cops twice in about 30 years, one cop held him at gun-point until back up arrived, the other time a cop just questioned why he had a gun on his hip. BTW, my friend is a re-po guy and dosn't have a CHL, so that's the only legal way for him to protect himself.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:14:45 PM EDT
Maybe he was legally unable to own a gun, or carry, and he was trying to scare away possible threats by making them think he had one

still retarded though.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:58:51 AM EDT
Yes, there are asshats everywhere. I see a fellow at my range who carries a j-frame in the back pocket of his blue jeans. And all of his jeans have a faded outline of the j-frame. I asked him once about it. He said most people don't even know what a gun looks like.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:21:10 PM EDT
remember if a bg opens up he will act as your decoy till you put your plan into action, get your family out while you cover their retreat. And he must like wearing a bullseye on him self.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:25:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/7/2005 12:27:52 PM EDT by TomJefferson]
Top Top