Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/10/2003 6:03:37 PM EDT
Hey all,
I've been shooting the Steyr M-40 and I like it.  One thing though, sometimes it doesn't extract wolf shell as it should, but I
ve had no problem with any of the cheapest US ammo. Has anyone else had this problem.

Is this the only Glock style handgun that isn't a glock?

Does anyone know why they are so cheap?
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 5:17:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Wolf has steel cases that are not always compatible with some handgun chambers...US commercial stuff is brass cased...stick with it.

Several other "Glock-style" pistols out there as well...The Springfield XD, Smith & Wesson "SW" series guns, and others.

The Steyers are very nice pistols that apparently have no real marketing support here in the US. Steyer was forced to close their plant because their lease ran out, but is supposedly building another now. (don't know for sure) If true, and IF the AWB expires, and IF Steyer can get a marketing rep here who will seriously push these guns, I think they will do well. VERY underpriced high-quality handgun right now, however.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 9:50:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Ugh. I still have 500 rounds of wolf.   I should just sell them to somebody.

Thanks for the info on Steyr. Just think , if Steyr builds a plant in Georgia, then we'd have Glock, H&K, and Steyr.  We'd be the German Arms capital of the western hemisphere.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 10:24:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Damn! GEORGIA the German arms capital of the western hemisphere?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top