Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2005 4:18:45 PM EDT
Is there any one that makes a barrel for a Star Model B to convert it from 9mm Largo to 9X19? Thanks
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:40:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you have a B or a Super B?

My Super B is a 9 x 19 but the magazines sure look like they will take a longer cartridge.  Try Sarco or Numrich/Gun Parts Corp. for  barrels.  Perhaps you will be able to use the existing magazines.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 11:58:26 PM EDT
[#2]
As CommoMan said try those dealers.
Also F.A.C. (Federal Arms Corp) used to,or may still have stainless steel conversion barrels for the Star Mod. B and Supers. I read that they may be out of bussiness though,don't really know? I'm sure if they are out of bussiness there are still converion barrels out there somewhere,but maybe not for long.

I have a Star mod BS(mag safety)(not a Super) in 9mm Luger(circa 1975) which could easily be converted to largo with a stiffer recoil spring & conversion barrel/or origional Star Largo barrel.
Not worth the expensive for a little more power for me though.

CommoMan is also correct that the mags ARE longer to accept the longer Largo cartridge.
I'm not sure ,but the Model B and B Supers may use different mags?
When you can find them the mags can run between $20.00 all the way up to $35.00. Not exactly cheap compared to even normal Hi-cap mags for other pistols.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:59:34 AM EDT
[#3]
My Star is also a Super B, I have had it a few years. SOG did bring some in that were 9X19.

mine shoots 38 Supers, even with that silly rim. I load it down to 38 ACP  pressures as I have seen the barrel caming get peened from recoil.   I think most European fire arms are made from the same grade of steel, Butter Alloy. If I find a 9X19 barrel my Largo barrel will be up for sale. Thanks
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 12:36:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Not sure about this, but I know at least some guns in 9mm Largo can chamber 9X19 as well.  I'm probably thinking of the old Astra 400 or something.  But it may already be able to handle 9x19 (possibly other 9mm calibers, like 9mm Steyr as well).  
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:33:51 PM EDT
[#5]
You're thinking of the Astra, although its purported multi-caliber capability was accidental and not intended.

I haven't noticed any peening from shooting 9 x 19.  I think that  the Spanish military 9 mm Largo was loaded very hot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top