Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2005 7:16:57 PM EDT
Was at a local gun shop today and just for the hell of it I bought a STREAMLIGHT M3 tactical light to put on my Glock 17.

I think I paid too much($140ish with tax) but is it a decent light for home protection?

I probably should have done my research PRIOR to purchasing but....oh well, it is mine now.

I dont plan on using it for any hardcore use. Just planning on leaving it on my handgun locked in the bedside nightstand .

thanks for any tips!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:20:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, it's a good light. I have one on my USP. As far as the price you paid...well...let's just say it's a bit above normal.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:34:07 PM EDT
[#2]
its a good light--got one on my G17 too

+1 on a tad too much--you can find em used in the EE for ~$100 pretty regularly
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:33:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Paid 30$ for mine out of a "bargain box"

Great light, very bright.  Just order a spare reflector for the bulb . . . the reflective material peeled on mine after a long night of hard use.

Also, get bulk batteries from Surefire. 12 for $19 shipped . . .

Disconnector
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:46:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Sometimes it is worth it to pay more and have it in your hand.

Ask me about the Command Arms fiasco with the m-4 stock saddle thingie.  
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:18:05 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Sometimes it is worth it to pay more and have it in your hand.

Very true. I didnt feel like waiting especially with the holidays and the fact that I am moving next week.

I am glad I got a decent light. Thanks for all the input fellas!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top