Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2003 7:21:09 PM EDT
I will be buying this gun in 15 days.

just wanted to know some info on it?

if it is good,and good for the price of $425 including tax.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 8:12:43 PM EDT
I have one and you will love it. $425 is an awesome price if the gun is new. very accurate and very reliable. Excellent under rated pistol.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 4:38:01 AM EDT
After shooting it a few times, you may find you'll want a bit better sight set-up. The standard 3-dot set is way prone to snag too much, IMO.

The second thing I replaced was the less-than-perfect two-piece barrel. My groups dropped in half, or better, after that.

My .o2
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 5:04:41 AM EDT
Good gun. I liked mine so much, I sent it off to be customized. It serves me very well, and only failed once in three years. Nothing a polished throat didn't take care of!
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 10:00:56 AM EDT
My SA milspec hasn't missed a step.  EVER.  Never failed to go BANG, eject or chamber a round.  That's out of the box with NO work whatsoever.

Yeah, the sights kinda bite, and compared to nicer 1911s, it's not super accurate...

But my intention is to use it as a base gun, and have it accurized, put better sights on it and then shoot the piss out of it.

Link Posted: 1/1/2004 10:07:41 AM EDT
SteyerAugs's group buy turned my attention to the SpringfieldArmory 1911A1 WWII version.

Damn I like that little thing a lot. At my local gunstore for $389.00

SOLD!
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 2:29:23 PM EDT
I got one and love it. Great accuracy for the money-in fact, I can't see spending $200 or more for one that's MORE accurate unless you want to shoot competition.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 2:38:55 PM EDT

Originally Posted By gamesniper:
I got one and love it. Great accuracy for the money-in fact, I can't see spending $200 or more for one that's MORE accurate unless you want to shoot competition.

Your neighbor's kid is suddenly grabbed by a stray dog & the kid is screaming. You have one shot, do you wish for a precise one or one in the general area?

Precision isn't just for competition. I have a mil-spec that will outshoot Gold Cups & I had it done for less than $200.

My .o2
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 2:40:03 PM EDT
Love my stainless one. I like the sites on mine and never had one snag. Different carry/body configurations I guess. I was going to customize mine which is why I bought the mil-spec but after getting it, there weren't any problems with it. Mines a carry piece and I believe if your carry piece is accurate and reliable, you shouldn't touch it. The old 'If it aint broke, don't fix it' approach. Good shooter, have fun.
Top Top