Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2011 4:26:43 PM EDT
I've searched HIGH and LOW looking for a new in box SA LW operator and just cannot find one for the life of me. Anyone know where one is? All help is much appreciated!!
Link Posted: 4/19/2011 6:27:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone have a lead?
Link Posted: 4/19/2011 9:24:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the OD green one, they're pretty rare.  Good luck!
Link Posted: 4/19/2011 11:15:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one next to me..... not for sale yet.... they are hard to come by though took me 2.5 years to find one.
Link Posted: 4/20/2011 5:58:37 AM EDT
[#4]
You mean one like this? If so found it on gunbroker last summer, dealer from Tennessee(can't remember the name, but it is also a pretty good size harley dealer too), paid $900 for it BN.

<––––––––––––––––––-
Link Posted: 4/20/2011 12:18:39 PM EDT
[#5]
It took me three months to find a "NM" prefix Loaded in my area. Your going to have a much harder time with a Lightweight Commander I'm afraid. I would keep a look out here on the EE and on Gunbroker. Post and add in the "wanted" section in the EE here and see what happens.
Link Posted: 4/20/2011 5:41:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I've got one, haven't even shot it yet. Just waiting to get back home to sign it out of the log book. It took me a while to find it. Keep checking the usual places and you'll find one eventually.
Link Posted: 4/20/2011 7:32:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Wow didnt even know these were hard to come by, I was looking for one a week ago and 2 days later picked it up for 850 shipped.

here is where i got mine, did a quick check and found another.
Operator
Link Posted: 4/20/2011 7:55:01 PM EDT
[#8]
I recently traded mine for a full size LW Operator. It's a nice gun, but I didn't care for the snappiness/muzzle flip from the recoil. YMMV
Link Posted: 4/20/2011 9:30:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I recently traded mine for a full size LW Operator. It's a nice gun, but I didn't care for the snappiness/muzzle flip from the recoil. YMMV

That is why they should build it in 9mm
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 2:05:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Look what I got my grubby little hands on!

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:53:02 AM EDT
[#13]
OP, that is freaking sick! I love that pistol you got your grubby paws on! If you don't mind me asking........ what did you pay for it? I am trying to decide between a LW Champion .45 or an EMP in 9mm for my EDC.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:16:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Thanks everyone, what a pain finding these little buggers! I even called SA and they said they wont even be shipping the LW operators to their dealers for another 6-12 months!! I paid 850.00 which included 3 checkmate mags. Its in pristine condition, with exactly 320 rds down the pipe from the previous owner! Im gonna pick up a set of VZ grips and a 10-8 flat trigger. Also id like to have the front strap checkered or golf balled, and Ive been thinking of cerakoting the frame and lower receiver coyote tan and all the other things (beaver tail, slide stop, safety, hammer etc) black!
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 3:33:45 PM EDT
[#15]
I have been drooling over those for a while now. One thing that boggles my mind though...how the sam hell does the recoil spring not fly out without the bushing?
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 5:26:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I have been drooling over those for a while now. One thing that boggles my mind though...how the sam hell does the recoil spring not fly out without the bushing?

Me too, as I have yet to handle and take one apart myself. I assume the guide rod has a collar on it to avoid it from flying.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:37:38 PM EDT
[#17]
(Dub in Barry White voice) Oh yeah baby.....

That's a beauty.  BD
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top