Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/23/2006 3:35:43 PM EDT
Has anyone been able to shoot either of these guns in a 4" or the 5" versions? I have read nothing but great reviews on the pistol and i've read 10 of them. I did hold the 4" version in a pawn shop and it felt really light but much more substantial. When I lifted the pistol the sights almost seemed to automaticly line up without my help. But I didn't get to shoot it. Any feedback would be great. Thanks
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:55:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Ive put about 200 rounds through both the 45gap and 45acp at the range to check them out. in the glock their is a difference in the grip size with the gap compared to the 45acp but in XD the grips are formed well enough you cant really tell. I  didnt notice or feel any difference in the 2 calibers such as recoil and preformance but if you go with gap your not going to find as many loadings or selfdefense rounds as the standard 45acp and the gap is more expensive and harder to find which is not good. I would recomend you go with the 45acp ,in these types of pistols I really dont see the point to getting a 5" barrel because the accuracy is almost identical between  the two.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:56:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I went ACP mainly cause it's easier to find.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:58:42 PM EDT
[#3]
ACP.... 90+ years of availability

GAP... um, where you gonna find this shit?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:49:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the input, I was leaning that way. I was also thinking you couldn't get any + P rounds for a GAP because it's sqeezed in to the max. But has anyone shot one? Did you like it. To me it blew away the feel of the glock but of coarse I haven't shot the Springfield. I was hoping enough people on the AR15 site. Who's opinions have rarely lead me astray would be better then the reviews I've read about. If you've shot one or the other let me know what you thought about it. It just felt so much better in my hand then any of the other handguns I've held and I would have bought one but I knew he wanted to much even though it was the first price I saw on it. It was $560. for the 5" acp. with 2 13 round mags and the package. Holster, speed loader. extra magazine holder (I think it fits to your belt) I have found it as low as $499. But some fuckers are taking out the 13 round mags and putting in 9 rounder so their price it best. But not if you buy 2 13 rounders. I call Springfield Armory and they assured me all XD 5 " or tactical models ship from the factory with two 13 rounders and the package. If you know where to get them cheaper please email me. Thanks, Mike
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:05:41 PM EDT
[#5]
ACP
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:12:44 PM EDT
[#6]
GAP = GAY
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:15:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:18:31 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a 4" XD 45acp.  Fits good in my hand and is more accurate than my Glock 22.  Dealers will be trying to dump off the 45GAP with the 45ACP on the market now.  I'd stick with the 45acp, due to ammo availability.  The only reason I considered a 45GAP is due to the fact I cant grip a Glock 21.  I dont see a real need for a 45GAP with 45acp readily available.  If you really want a GAP, wait another 4 months or so.  You should be able to pick them up fairly cheap then.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:01:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Go with the ACP. You can get ammo every where. I do not see any reason to get an XD in GAP but to each his own and if you get a GAP I hope it works well for you.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:07:39 AM EDT
[#10]
GAP will fade away like the .41AE did.   Neat cartrdige but no real need for it.   The few pistols produced for it arent enough to ensure it's long term production.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:55:57 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+2
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:45:38 AM EDT
[#12]
I will add this..

buy a .45gap (cheap as you can) plus 1000 rds ammo and squirrel it away for a future collectors item.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:35:47 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
GAP = GAY

well it is for the dainty people with small hands
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:47:12 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
GAP = GAY

Not all of us with small hands are "dainty."

(6'3", 300#, 13EEE feet, freakishly small hands... )

That being said, I recently traded away my one and only .45GAP pistol and decided to retire from my position as the round's one & only defender here on Arfcom.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:59:58 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
GAP = GAY

Not all of us with small hands are "dainty."

(6'3", 300#, 13EEE feet, freakishly small hands... )

That being said, I recently traded away my one and only .45GAP pistol and decided to retire from my position as the round's one & only defender here on Arfcom.

I think the gap is a great idea, it lets people have a 45 who can't take the huge grip of the G21, the 37 is great you get 10 +1, with the 37 people like you can shoot till lock back pull the pin and throw
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:09:08 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I think the gap is a great idea, it lets people have a 45 who can't take the huge grip of the G21, the 37 is great you get 10 +1, with the 37 people like you can shoot till lock back pull the pin and throw

Exactly what I have been saying since it was first introduced... but all it got me was FLAME!

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:55:40 PM EDT
[#17]
45acp

Max
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:00:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Gap is the DEVIL.

For years, .45 shooters laughed at the poor guys that had to sort every single piece of brass just incase they got a 9x21 in with ther 38super or whatever...   Now I gotta sort my shit too.  The worst is that Farking winclean though, I mean, SMALL PRIMER 45???  WTF???
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:39:43 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly what I have been saying since it was first introduced... but all it got me was FLAME!

Agree. GAP is an excellent idea, no one is going to discontinue it. There are already plenty of pistols out there, far too many for it to be discontinued. With more agencies switching over to the .45 GAP due to large power in a small package, prices will continue to drop.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:04:45 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Agree. GAP is an excellent idea, no one is going to discontinue it. There are already plenty of pistols out there, far too many for it to be discontinued. With more agencies switching over to the .45 GAP due to large power in a small package, prices will continue to drop.

I bet it will go the way of the .41AE in less than 10 years.  The GAP is a Glock problem.  You can put a .45ACP in a normal size pistol grip.  Look at the springfield. The grip on the .45ACP is the same as the .45GAP.  Glock could have done this with a metal mag but they wanted to keep the plastic ones so you get a FAT grip like the G21.  As a side note, I have a G21 and love it. It is just not for small hands IMO.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top