Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2012 3:05:42 PM EDT
I was at one of the local guns shops today and they had a very clean used Springfield Armory M1911-A1. It was parkerized...looked like their base model GI 45. They were asking $465. Is that a good price? She was very clean....the slide to frame fit was good. What do you all think. I do not need another 45 but this seemed like a decent deal for a entry level gun.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:16:29 PM EDT
There's a G.I. Model (now discontinued) and a Mil-Spec Model which has more features (improved sights, lowered ejection port).

The G.I. sold at the end for around $550. The Mil-Spec sells today for $650.

In my opinion, $465 would be a good price for a Ml-Spec, not so good for a G.I.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:48:58 PM EDT
Originally Posted By skipsan:
There's a G.I. Model (now discontinued) and a Mil-Spec Model which has more features (improved sights, lowered ejection port).

How do i tell the two apart? Mil-Spec vs G.I.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:59:46 PM EDT

Ok....after searching the SA site for the Mil-Spec and search for pictures of the G.I version. This one was definitly the Mil-Spec. It had the SA grips not the U.S. grips. it has the 3-Dot sights and the lower ejection port and shiny barrel showing. Also had the newer Springfield Armory logo on the slide.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:03:28 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 338Lapua:

How do i tell the two apart? Mil-Spec vs G.I.

The GI has vertical slide serrations and tiny, all black sights.

The Mil-spec has slanted slide serrations and high profile, 3-dot sights

OLD Springfields (1990s and earlier) had slanted slide serrations and tiny sights.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 5:29:36 AM EDT
In the mid 1990's..the Milspec sold for just over $400 new....had grey plastic grips and two shitty mags.

I just gave my used Milspec to my 16 year old son....he thinks I'm a god....but the gun wears diamond checked rosewood and has quality 8 shot mags now.
Top Top