Originally Posted By Goback:

Originally Posted By jcncc:
Are they all made in Brazil?

No.

Mine was made in Illinois.

I have 3 that were made in IL
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 5:15:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/1/2005 5:16:21 PM EDT by DienBienPhu54]
the older ones say made in Illinois, but I read that the slides and receivers were still originally mfg. in Brazil but the final machining and finishing was done in IL.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 5:23:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DienBienPhu54:
the older ones say made in Illinois, but I read that the slides and receivers were still originally mfg. in Brazil but the final machining and finishing was done in IL.

+1
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 5:59:10 PM EDT
All of SA forgings come from Brazil. Guns with a "NM" serial number, came in as raw forgings (no machinework), and the others entered the country complete enough to require a serial number. All final machine work, fitting, and quality control is done here in the US.

IMBEL does the forgings for Springfield, and they are of higher quality than most others. There's no reason to worry about quality, and the end result is a slightly cheaper price.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:32:17 PM EDT

Originally Posted By olds442tyguy:
All of SA forgings come from Brazil. Guns with a "NM" serial number, came in as raw forgings (no machinework), and the others entered the country complete enough to require a serial number. All final machine work, fitting, and quality control is done here in the US.

IMBEL does the forgings for Springfield, and they are of higher quality than most others. There's no reason to worry about quality, and the end result is a slightly cheaper price.

and a lifetime warranty
Top Top