Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/7/2003 12:11:30 PM EDT
Guys, awhile back I went to the springfield web site they had a 9mm 1911 in their catalog. Does anyone have one? I had a 9mm colt many years ago and sold it. Colt no longer makes one and I'm getting back into handguns and would like another. BobK
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 5:51:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep, I've got one. These things, according to gunshow dealers, aren't rare nor hard to find nor worth anything more than a .45acp model. However, they NEVER have one for sale.

I bought mine used for around $375-400 a few years ago. I use it to play with at the range & as a step up from a .22 for beginning shooters.

Kinda cool to own something not real common, IMO.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 9:01:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I have one I bought about a year ago. I understand they aren't a stock item anymore. The frames were made by Imbel (the same people who made FAL's) in Brazil, I believe. From what I was told, the 9mm is now a custom shop deal and the frames are to be made in the US. I like mine, but magazines are a little finicky. I finally settled on Mec-Gar which seem to work fine.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 1:34:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Ditto on the mags. I have one that doesn't lock the slide back at all but it feeds ok. Go figure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top