Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2003 12:11:30 PM EDT
Guys, awhile back I went to the springfield web site they had a 9mm 1911 in their catalog. Does anyone have one? I had a 9mm colt many years ago and sold it. Colt no longer makes one and I'm getting back into handguns and would like another. BobK
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 5:51:06 PM EDT
Yep, I've got one. These things, according to gunshow dealers, aren't rare nor hard to find nor worth anything more than a .45acp model. However, they NEVER have one for sale.

I bought mine used for around $375-400 a few years ago. I use it to play with at the range & as a step up from a .22 for beginning shooters.

Kinda cool to own something not real common, IMO.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 9:01:48 AM EDT
Yeah, I have one I bought about a year ago. I understand they aren't a stock item anymore. The frames were made by Imbel (the same people who made FAL's) in Brazil, I believe. From what I was told, the 9mm is now a custom shop deal and the frames are to be made in the US. I like mine, but magazines are a little finicky. I finally settled on Mec-Gar which seem to work fine.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 1:34:36 PM EDT
Ditto on the mags. I have one that doesn't lock the slide back at all but it feeds ok. Go figure.
Top Top