Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2006 7:36:32 PM EDT
I know that the answer between buying certain firearms is to just buy them both. I would like to know which of the two most like and prefer. Differences? Pro and Cons? Any advice would be greatly appreciated... 1911's are a whole 'nother ball park to me

Thanks,
Nathan
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:05:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd go with the Springer.

I much prefer the S&A magwell, the adjustable sights, the grip tape grips, the full length rail, the confidence shown in the lifetime warranty, the internal locking system, the bull barrel, the front strap checkering, and I just like the pistol better over all.

I wouldn't mind a Warrior either, but I'm really not a fan of the almost Gunner like Kimber grips, the Novak clone sights, and the angle of the rail. I just think the SA Operator is a more complete package, but that's reflected in the price as well.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:08:02 PM EDT
[#2]
If it's between those two, I'd go for the TRP. That said, I think you're comparing apples to oranges (well, maybe oranges to tangerines?). The two you list are not really equals in my eyes. And the list price is substantially higher on the TRP.

Now if you were to compare the Warrior to the Springfield Operator, I think you'd be looking at two pistols of the same "caliber" so to speak. And the list price is almost identical on them.

FWIW, I own two SA Loaded 1911's (a Micro Compact and a full size parkerized model). Both are near new (had one a week, the other maybe a month). I currently have a Kimber Desert Warrior on layaway. Love 'em all!

T Bone (Detroit).
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:42:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'd go with the Springer.

I much prefer the S&A magwell, the adjustable sights, the grip tape grips, the full length rail, the confidence shown in the lifetime warranty, the internal locking system, the bull barrel, the front strap checkering, and I just like the pistol better over all.

I wouldn't mind a Warrior either, but I'm really not a fan of the almost Gunner like Kimber grips, the Novak clone sights, and the angle of the rail. I just think the SA Operator is a more complete package, but that's reflected in the price as well.

+1
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:54:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info guys.

Nathan
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:54:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Springfield
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 3:23:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:05:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Warrior - love mine
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:13:35 AM EDT
[#8]
TRP or GRP Tatical or Global
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:34:42 AM EDT
[#9]
TRP!
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:43:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Between these two I like the Warrior. I have no need for adjustable sights, I don't like the full length rail and I hate the ILS.

And for the difference in price you could buy the warrior, extra mags, a holster and ammo.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:50:54 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Between these two I like the Warrior. I have no need for adjustable sights, I don't like the full length rail and I hate the ILS.

And for the difference in price you could buy the warrior, extra mags, a holster and ammo.

The standard TRP has fixed novaks and does not have a light rail.  The TRP OPERATOR has adjustable sights and the light rail...

If we're talking about the standard TRP then I'd definitely go for it.  I have a TRP and I love it.  The aggressive front strap checkering keeps it in place and it does not move between shots.  However, if you're going to do more than 200 rounds in a sitting it might start to hurt a bit.  Its been very accurate and very reliable.  I'm close to 1K rounds through mine in under 4 months without a problem (which while not a lot of rounds I've shot about 200 to 250 rounds per range visit).  I've run ball, Winchester Ranger T's, Federal Hydra-shoks, Speer Gold Dots and all have fed with no problems.  The ambi safety has a very positive and quick engagement/disengagement.  I'm also a big fan of the adjustable trigger and I do like the design of the grip safety as its very comfortable in my hand, but YMMV on that.  Slide to frame fit is very good and mine has no wiggle if shaken.  While I'm not a huge fan of internal locks on pistols, because of the heightened state of liability for gunowners if their firearms are stolen in the city in which I live that extra lock is nice as the only way an unauthorized user of my TRP would be able to use it when the lock is engaged would be to replace the mainspring housing, which I have an inkling that such a procedure is beyond most of those with nafarious intent.  

Cons: the mim parts bother me and have slowly been working Wilson Bulletproof parts into it.  The FLGR does make disassembly/reassembly challenging at times and I haven't decided if I'm going to swap that out or not.  The Mainspring housing checkering leaves something to be desired.  The frontstrap is great, but the mainspring housing checkering isn't good enough to get a hold and the back of the grip will wiggle around a bit more than I like, but again YMMV.

Overall, I don't think you can go wrong, but what works for me might not work for you.  Check them out, see if you can shoot both and figure out what your application will be.  Good luck to ya!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top