Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Page Handguns » Colt
Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2008 10:21:08 AM EST
Anyone know which speedloaders will work in a Colt .38spl diamondback?

Will any of the safariland speed loaders work?
Link Posted: 5/5/2008 10:33:39 AM EST
I know for a fact the HKS will work, because I have a bunch of them for my 38spl Diamondback.
Link Posted: 5/5/2008 11:35:38 AM EST
The wife doesn't like the twist action of hte HKS.

Looks Like Safariland doesn't make one to fit.

I ordered some of the maxfire loaders from www.speedloaders.com/

Now I know these photos were taken in 1999 and both the internet and digital photography wqere in their infancy . . . but at least they could have taken "in-focus" photos of their product!

I ordered a set of these for my model 629 along with two packages for her Diamondback.
Link Posted: 5/12/2008 1:21:30 PM EST
Finally gave it up.

Ordered the HKS speedloaders for the wife. She decided that she can use the HKS system afterall.

The Maxfire's simply do not work well. The bullets will fall of in your pocket and it takes a lot of force to strip the cartridges off the clip when reloading without popping them out of the cylinder.
Link Posted: 5/12/2008 4:35:01 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/12/2008 4:36:32 PM EST by warlord]

Originally Posted By Atomic_Lab_Rat:
The wife doesn't like the twist action of hte HKS.

Looks Like Safariland doesn't make one to fit.

I ordered some of the maxfire loaders from www.speedloaders.com/
Ouch; man, that website is so bright that it hurts my eyes.

Be aware that if your cylinder even gets a little bit dirty, the rounds from the HKS speedloader won't drop into the cylinder under gravity, you will have to release ammo, and fully seat it by pushing the ammo down with your hand.

HKS is pretty much the name of the game when it comes to speed loaders for multiple guns, product lines, and calibers.
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 10:10:15 AM EST
I used to run HKS #10 for both my Smith K frames and Colt Detective Specials. I wouldn't see why not a Safariland one for a K frames shouldn't work.

CD
Link Posted: 5/25/2008 6:03:35 PM EST
Carried the Diamondback when I first got on the PD. HKS speedloaders did the trick....
Link Posted: 8/13/2008 3:05:29 PM EST
The Max-Fires didnt work very well.
Link Posted: 8/13/2008 6:17:14 PM EST

Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:
I used to run HKS #10 for both my Smith K frames and Colt Detective Specials. I wouldn't see why not a Safariland one for a K frames shouldn't work.

CD

They do. That's what I have for my k-frames and Colt Cobra and Diamondback.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 11:15:34 AM EST
DS-A* is the hks model for diamondbacks
Page Handguns » Colt
Top Top