Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2003 6:01:07 PM EDT
I've been using HKS speed-loaders forever.  I chose them because they:
a)Came with the gun, so I didn't have to buy any.

b)Were always on sale or otherwise available at the time I needed a speed-loader.

c)The ones I already owned also fit new revolvers that I had bought, so it worked out.

d)They were the only ones available for specific guns (like 9mm for my S&W 547).

So since I haven't used other types in the past, like Safariland, etc., is there anything I'm missing out on?

Are other desings better, and if so why?

Ross
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 6:39:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Good to get more information, always, Ross...but...if it ain't broke, don't fix it! <grin>
RugerCal480 (Mike)
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 7:19:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I like the Safariland COMP II speedloaders much better than the HKS.
They are spring loaded (faster), hold the rounds firmer than the HKS (no rattle) and have a much larger handle/release.
They worked fine for my GP100 in IDPA matches.
I plan on getting a set for my S&W 586 as well.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 11:51:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I was looking at some "one piece" speedloaders in the new Dillon catalog.  No buttons to press or anything like that.  Looked interesting enough to try for $9.95 a pair.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 12:11:02 AM EDT
[#4]
I like the Safariland and HKS the best. The Safariland is actually IMHO a better speedloader. But the reason I keep using HKS is because that is what I most familiar with, they are easy to find and nearly any speedloader case will work with them. The taller designs or other oddball types will give you fits sometimes when searching for gear to haul them in. So make sure you have a source of cases for whatever type you plan to get. Also, avoid the Max Fire (I think that's the name....has Max something in it...lol) as they are junk compared to HKS and Safariland.

-Charging Handle
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top