Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2010 9:22:10 AM EDT
As always, thanks for looking

My Glock collection is steadily growing, as is my affinity for the simplicity and elegance of the design. There was a time when my defensive pistol collection was primarily Sig and HK, but I find myself having more trigger time with my Glocks over the others.

My question is this: What parts should I have on-hand to keep these pistols running forever? Glock parts are inexpensive and plentiful, and I'd like to stock up. To put it into context, here is a portion of my parts kit for the AR platform:

I'm a Colt and Sig armorer, and I have the tools and parts to fix just about anything on the AR platform or Sig handguns. Since my CCW Sig P228 has been replaced by my G26 I want to get serious about spare parts and armorer level training. I've noticed that the guide rod of the G26 is plastic and starting to wear for example. Is there a fixed replacement interval for this item? Those are the types of questions I have, so I'm hoping to learn the platform as I have with others.

Lastly, what's is the best way to take a Glock armorer's course? Is classroom still the best, or is there a video series or text(s) that you would suggest for a non-pro like me?

The five Glocks currently in my collection are:

2x G17 Gen4 RTF
2x G19 Gen3
1x G26 Gen3

Thanks in advance for your help

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:09:08 PM EDT
[#1]
My Glock parts kit looks like your AR parts kit.

Most of the parts I have on hand have not needed replacement after countless rounds of 9mm, 10mm, .45acp, 40 S&W.

I have everything from locking blocks, to firing pins.

I replace all the springs in my Glocks every 2 years, whether needed or not.

The most common items I've replaced on my guns are magazine springs, magazine followers, and recoil springs.

After multiple years of carrying and shooting Glocks, I have yet to have a part actually "fail".

I learned how to completely disassemble and care for my Glocks through the Ptooma Glock complete reference guide. (it has a multitude of great info on, and about the Glock pistol.)

The only tools you'll need for a Glock will be a 3/32nd's punch, small flat screwdriver, fine small flat file for slide burrs, needle nose pliers to remove slide lock and mag catch spring, an exacto knife to trim polymer burrs, sight removal tool (night sights.)

Hope this helps!

BTW, where the hell is the 10mm???
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top