Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2007 7:06:33 PM EDT
Ok...The Shooting at VT finally convinced me that if I wanted a hi-cap 9mm back in my stable, I'd better buy one RIGHT NOW!

So I got on Gunbroker and snapped up a 15 shot FN FNP 9M Compact with the plain three dot sights for $375.00.

Now I'm mulling over the other stuff I want to pick up quick.

Who makes tritium night sites for this thing?

Are night sights for it only available from FN?

Will its sight cuts accept night sights made for another brand name gun?

And does anybody know of somebody selling the Mags for the FN FNP 9M Compact for less than $38.00 a pop? It comes with three mags but I'd like to pick up a couple more.

Link Posted: 4/17/2007 9:47:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Hello EvoPsych.

Who makes tritium night sites for this thing?

Ameriglo.

Are night sights for it only available from FN?

You should have checked out the other auctions listed under "fnp"
Night sights are available here and here.

And does anybody know of somebody selling the Mags for the FN FNP 9M Compact for less than $38.00 a pop? It comes with three mags but I'd like to pick up a couple more.

Also listed under FNP on gunbroker here are some for $34 a pop.  At Midwayusa they are on sale for $32.

If you are installing the night sights by yourself, be careful with the firing pin safety spring.  It is located underneath the rear sight and the pistol will not function without it.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 10:09:00 PM EDT
[#2]
NOW THAT IS WHY I BOUGHT AN FNH!!!

THANKS

Well That and my FN Tactical Police Shotgun needed a smaller playmate.

Link Posted: 4/18/2007 5:41:07 PM EDT
[#3]
FNH

No problem. Don't forget to post pics once you get it

Believe me...There will be pics and a review.

I had been reading everything I could get my hands on about the FNP's for the last two or three months. I already own a second generation Glock 21 .45 and its served me well since 96, fulfilling the hi-cap big bore role quite well and swallowing thousands of rounds without so much as a hiccup.  That being said and while I have a great sentimental attachment to the Glock I carried on duty. I also recognize many aspects of the Glock design, that I was not to thrilled about in a gun I'd like to carry CCW. So when I began looking for a 9mm to replace a  FM Hi-power, I had sold back in 2001. The Glock 19 was never even in the running.

Lets Face it...$700.00 9mm's are ridiculous.  When my search began. My main objective was to find a ultra-reliable, quality, Hi-cap 9mm, NIB, for less than $400.00. The only two real competitors in that realistic price range, were the FNP series and the Stoeger/Beretta Cougar. (No the S&W Sigma wasn't even in the running, though it was in the price range.)

The recent Virgina Tech shooting finally pushed me to get my wallet out and make the desision. The VT shooting also put my handgun selection criteria back into "Ban Mode Thinking", regarding the longevity of the pistol and magazines.

The FNP's Polished Stainless mags went a long way towards convincing me, to buy this pistol. That and the fact that it came with three mags from the factory. Which to me is like buying a $375.00 pistol and having FNH hand me $40.00 back, saying Thanks for dealing with FN bud.

The FNP has a Light rail. The Stoeger did not.

The FNP has changeable grip panels. The Stoeger did not.

Since Beretta discontinued the Cougar leather for it is getting hard to find. The FNP's will fit in most holsters designed for the Sig 229 or 229R.

From the Reviews and tests I read of the .40 FNP. As far as accuracy is concerned, there wasn't 2/10ths of an inch difference, with most ammunitions tested, between the $375.00 FNP's groups and the $750.00 H&K USP Compacts groups.

I have owned a FN Tactical Police Shotgun for two and a half years and was already quite convinced of the quality of workmanship that is to be found in FNH firearms. So brand confidence and loyalty also played a part in the decision to go with the 9mm FNP 9M.

I'll right more when I take the FNP 9M Comact out and shoot it next week.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top