Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2010 6:33:02 AM EDT
I really experienced how slippery these glocks can get. I was shooting my Glock 22 and was having to wipe my hand on my pants before I would do a chamber check and even sometimes before I drew the pistol. I know i can have the frame worked on but how about the slide?

Im sure its been talked about before but I've looked and not really sure how to find the info.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 7:02:40 AM EDT
[#1]
You could try applying some grip tape to the slide to increase grip
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 7:51:03 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I thought about that but I would like a little more permanent fix. Also I use this as my carry and that would rub the holster and possibly me and my clothes.

Link Posted: 4/18/2010 10:28:17 AM EDT
[#3]
robar the frame....have the slide checkered.....neither is cheap.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 11:12:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Boresight Solutions

I really like this one with the front serrations on the slide and finger grooves removed.

Link Posted: 4/18/2010 11:13:39 AM EDT
[#5]
head over to glock talk and type in grip stippling in the search area.  There are some really famous places doing it but there are many competent smaller gunsmiths also doing it for much cheaper.  All i did was practice on some old glock base pads with a sodering iron and then did the grip.  It really isnt that hard, but if your uncomfortable doing it, just pay someone
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 11:45:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Happens with all pistold, dont think is a glock issue.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 11:56:58 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I really experienced how slippery these glocks can get. I was shooting my Glock 22 and was having to wipe my hand on my pants before I would do a chamber check and even sometimes before I drew the pistol. I know i can have the frame worked on but how about the slide?

Im sure its been talked about before but I've looked and not really sure how to find the info.

I just bought a G19 RTF2. Problem solved. It's very solid in the hand.

Link Posted: 4/18/2010 12:47:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Rozen (dried tree sap) is what I use for extended sessions with pistols.  Get it at a tack store –– rodeo people use it to hang onto bulls.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 1:36:28 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought about that but I would like a little more permanent fix. Also I use this as my carry and that would rub the holster and possibly me and my clothes.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=19&t=261758

Link Posted: 4/18/2010 3:15:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Skateboard tape FTMFW.  It does the trick, if you need it.  And if you don't like it, it can go away.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 3:55:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Skateboard tape FTMFW.  It does the trick, if you need it.  And if you don't like it, it can go away.

+1
Yep, i go to my local skate shop. its like 6$ for 3 foot. that will last you years. if you think its too much grip for your taste. thats okay, you can take the "edge" off with a lighter sand paper.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 6:43:11 PM EDT
[#12]
ok so does the skateboard tape mess with your holster at all? i mean does it wear on it any?

some of those stippling jobs are are nice while others are kinda ugly. i wouldn't mind trying it but i would like to try a less permanent solution first.

Link Posted: 4/19/2010 8:49:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
ok so does the skateboard tape mess with your holster at all? i mean does it wear on it any?

some of those stippling jobs are are nice while others are kinda ugly. i wouldn't mind trying it but i would like to try a less permanent solution first.

Stippling, serrations, and checkering will wear a holster, too...
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 2:42:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Bicycle tube on the grip. 3M step tape on the slide. Both can be taken off if you don't like.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 6:43:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Depends on what kind of holster you have, and where on the weapon you apply the tape.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 6:54:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Decal grip. Cheap and non-permanent!
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 10:29:25 PM EDT
[#17]
talon makes a pre cut grip tape kit, it's one piece and it wraps all he way around the gun, finger grooves included, i really like mine and it hasn't moved since i put it on
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 11:02:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Decal grip. Cheap and non-permanent!

+1

It's what I have on my XD45 and is positive as heck.

Link Posted: 4/20/2010 5:54:28 AM EDT
[#19]
You want more permanent than grip tape but less permanent than stippling.  I'm not sure you know what you really want.  

Use gloves next time or try the grip tape/decal grip.  If not that then get it stippled.  There really isn't anything in between.

You could send your slide off to get front cocking serrations or you could put grip tape/decal grips on it.  A LOT of people do these things on competition pistols.  A little piece here or there wouldn't affect anything I wouldn't imagine.  

It should be cheap enough to try anyway and if it leaves any stick residue, grab a small bottle of Goo Gone and your back to normal.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 6:11:09 AM EDT
[#20]
I ran into this problem when I bought my first Glock. I never had a problem with the previous poly pistol I owned. I bought one of those Hogue rubber slip on grips and problem solved. I was shooting in 100+ degree temps.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 6:58:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
talon makes a pre cut grip tape kit, it's one piece and it wraps all he way around the gun, finger grooves included, i really like mine and it hasn't moved since i put it on

I also use the Talon tape on a G27 and it's absolutely great.   ZERO movement in the hand during rapid fire which was my concern.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 10:42:52 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

You want more permanent than grip tape but less permanent than stippling.  I'm not sure you know what you really want.  

Use gloves next time or try the grip tape/decal grip.  If not that then get it stippled.  There really isn't anything in between.

You could send your slide off to get front cocking serrations or you could put grip tape/decal grips on it.  A LOT of people do these things on competition pistols.  A little piece here or there wouldn't affect anything I wouldn't imagine.  

It should be cheap enough to try anyway and if it leaves any stick residue, grab a small bottle of Goo Gone and your back to normal.

i just dont like the idea of taping something on but if it works and its cheap i guess im down for trying it. as far as gloves go i have some blackhawk ones on order and they should be here shortly..

Link Posted: 4/20/2010 6:15:28 PM EDT
[#23]
I use a section of inner tube on my Glock 19. Cheap and removable. It works really good in the summer here in Houston. The inner tube does not add any width to the grip like some others. It really molds to the grip.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 11:04:02 PM EDT
[#24]
I absolutely love the Qwik Grip from Lone Wolf Distributing. I use it for all of my GLOCKs. The beauty of the Qwik Grip over the Hogue grip is that it wraps around the finger grooves like a glove. Whereas the Hogue grip's finger grooves don't line up well and slide off the GLOCKs own finger grooves.

Here's the link. Only $9.95.

Lone Wolf Qwik Grip
Link Posted: 4/21/2010 4:55:21 AM EDT
[#25]
good info thanks

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top