Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2007 3:25:11 PM EDT
I just put a newer model on layaway at the funstore, its one of the value series in .40 cal. I had one in 9mm when they first came out, had a few problems with it and had to send it back to S&W twice for repair, once was to tweek the ejector cause empties were going straight up in the air and landing on my head, the second time was after leaving it in my safe for a year and a half with the striker cocked and the striker spring got weak, giving me light primer strikes. The fixed it for free + shipping back to me both times. I went in to get a price on the cdnn very good+ sigmas with night sights for $250 and he had a new one I could get for $280 plus taxes.

So any first hand experences with the newer model sigmas?

Thanks.

Edit, there would have been a pic of it here, but those cheap bastards at s&w wouldnt let me steal their bandwith
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 3:36:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Newer ones seem to fair better, but there are much better guns out there.

Not much else to say.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 6:58:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I think that the S&W Sigma is a well made pistol (current production). The Ergonomics are great, good sights, well built design, etc.... Only issue is the trigger pull. You a good smith can smooth it out but sadly Smith & Wesson does not do that themselves. They go bang every time and are S&W's number one selling pistol. If you cannot afford anything else or get a great pistol for a steal. The Sigma will serve you well....

If you can though, get a S&W M&P. It's the cat's ass. Other than that I say GLOCK or Beretta.

The S&W M&P series took everything that made the Sigma so great in terms of ergonomics. Gave it a lighter trigger, removable palm swells, great sights, and a GLOCK type action with a little Sig Sauer and Ruger thrown in.

Before I owned the M&P I was a die hard GLOCK and Beretta 92FS fan. But Smith & Wesson really improved their image with the M&P series.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 12:29:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies, I am going to pick it up and wring it out, If I dont like it the store has a good trade in policy and will trade it in on either a M&P 40 or another XD40.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top