Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/1/2005 6:49:05 PM EDT
I finally got an update on the EC I ordered in May.  It is about to ship out to get Black T finish.  How long does this usually take if anyone knows? I have heard Black T has a long wait but I am hoping since RRA sends lots of 1911's there that maybe it won't be at the end of his work list.  Maybe RRA lets Birdsong know ahead of time so it was already on the waiting list.  I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed because I have been without a 1911 for far to long now.

Any input from those that know would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 2:29:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Black-T can add 30-90 days from RRA.

DW
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 3:18:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I know Mr. Bridsong used to take everything on a first come first served basis, whether it was one gun or a pallet of guns. Every gun I sent him usually took about 90 days, but  it is is worth the wait.
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 12:47:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 6:58:47 PM EDT
[#4]
The guns are done in batches. It's sometimes just a matter of timing. When I had one of my ADCO/RRA 1911s done, I called and spoke to Mr. Birdsong on a Friday. He told me they were getting ready to do a batch of guns on Wednesday and if I could get my 1911 to him by then it would be a fairly fast turnaround. It took about 4 weeks from the time I sent it in to the time I got it back.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:28:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I lucked out big time!!  My RRA shipped today via UPS overnight!!  Chuck said he asked Birdsong for a christmas present and Walter delivered .  I can't wait.  

Pics will be posted soon.  My wife is being unduced tommorow though so I won't pick up the 1911 until the weekend at the earliest.  New son and RRA  
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:17:33 PM EDT
[#6]
My guns usually come back from Birdsong in 1 week.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top